So this is killing me !...
I did have a Pro Solar on order via Garmin, due to my AIA Vitality membership I can get 25% off.
The wait originally was only 2-3 weeks, it's been over 2 weeks nad now was told that it could be a wit until the end of October!....
The 6X Sapphire is only 2-3 days.
I have only seen the 6X Sapphire in person and trying to way up the cons and pros of both.
- Sapphire screen, to me is nethier a pro or con. It's suppose to be more scratch resistant, but give off more reflection. When I did see it, (In a shop under fluro lights) it did not seem too much of an issue to be honest, no idea outdoors.
- Size, love the size, I have average to small wrists, and think this watch looks great, extra benifit of having bigger screen, easier to see when running and I guess better / bigger GPS antenna?
- Weight, now this is a hard one, wasn't as heavy as I thought but definately noticable on the wrist, this is where I think the solar is a Pro and the Sapphire a Con but without being able to try the Solar on, can;t really compare.
- Looks, I can't help but dislike seeing the liitle markers around the innner bezel, especially if you don't have an anologue watch face, jsut doesn't make sense to me, I see the Solar may not have these markers wich would be a pro for the Solar for me.
- Wait time, I can get the Solar with a few days, or wait 4-6 weeks for the Solar!
- Price, well after discount the Sapphire is $150AUD cheaper, so although a Pro, the differnce is not too much.
1st world problems hey!...
Is there anyone that has actually tried both of these watches?
If so, which did you prefer and why?