WhatsApp muted groups, how to stop these notifications in my Fenix 6s Pro?

Hi, I have several muted groups for WhatsApp in my mobile. I do want to receive individual WhatsApp messages in my watch, as in my mobile, but I don't want to receive 500 messages per hour from nonsense conversations from the muted groups I already have in WhatsApp... Is there a way to keep the same settings you have on your phone but in the Fenix 6? Hope it makes sense

• No. The phone controls what gets sent to the watch. The level of granularity you seek is not available on the watch.

...at least I am not aware that it is. Happy to be proved wrong.

• I admittedly know next to nothing about WhatsApp, but here's how Fenix notifications generally work.

The watch displays whatever notifications that the phone sends to it, it doesn't not have any ability by itself to filter anything.

The Garmin Connect app (in your phone) is where you can control which apps can or can't send notifications to your watch. However, they only settings for each app are "on" or "off", you cannot select which types of notifications you want to send to the phone or not. It's either all of them, or none of them.

Finally, the app itself might contain notification settings, and have the ability to put notifications in your notification bar on your phone (which Garmin Connect would then collect, and forward to the watch). So in order to turn on and off individual types of notifications, you'll need to do it from within the app. For example, in the Youtube app, you can turn on notifications for new videos in subscribed channels, but not notify you about comment replies. Or vice versa, or many other additional options. Whatever settings you use in the app for notifications will also be reflected in the notifications that get sent to your watch.

So while I cannot say for certain that what you want to do is an option in WhatsApp's settings, but I can say for certain that it's the only place you might find the settings you're looking for.

• Thanks.. I have checked in WhatsApp but there's no such thing as hiding notifications on the phone notifications bar from muted groups... The way it works is,  you can silence groups and not listen to notifications from certain contacts or groups, nevertheless all written notifications will be shown in the phone's notifications bar. That, or  I believe you must hide all of them.. if anyone knows a way to select which notifications are shown or not in the phone notifications bar would be highly appreciated. I'm using android, s9+