Great battery life on the Fenix 6x Pro Solar... How’s your battery life?

Now that I have charged up my new Fenix 6x Pro Solar for over the last couple weeks, got it the day of release, the battery life is getting better. Yesterday after 10 hours, still showing 96% and even through out this past week I noticed sometimes would be a 97% and use it for about an hour for walking with the GPS+GLONASS on and still will be at round 91% by the end of 19 hours. Much more than my F5x Plus. 

• Anybody else notice that their solar intensity doesn't work anymore?  I have my watch in direct sunlight and the widget doesn't respond to the sunlight.  Not sure if it's the widget or the solar aspect of the watch.  I've been going back and forth with support with no help.  

• is it possible your watch completely (full) charged?

• I like your mission. I played so lot with my F5+ to understand the battery consumption and in spite of popular bets on 3rd party watchfaces, shown seconds, backlight, wifi auto upload, storm alert, enabled OHR,  etc, the biggest improvement was to suppress GC on my iphone. I only use GC app if there is no chance to sync my data via wifi, but immediately close it afterwards. And I didn’t run any battery monitoring widgets, because I wanted to avoid their effects on battery itself, therefore I manually recorded the actual battery levels for a week.

I chose a watcface which can get phone notifications even when GC app is not running, eg my earlier favourite Nofrills needs GC to be running. 

I really like the German obsession of testing everything. Greetings from Hungary partly infected by testing.

• By the way the Garmin IQ app doesn’t seem to drain battery just GC app.

• @sixpak75 - Sorry to hear you have been going and forth with support. This surprises me since all Fenix 6 series watches are within warranty since so recently released and if we cannot resolve the issue with you, it would be a warranty exchange. I have sent you a Private Message to get your issue resolved or your watch exchanged.

• I wanted to bring this post back to life so I could add some of my own observations. Obviously YMMV. I had been fairly happy with the battery life on my watch extrapolating from a bunch of running activities of different lengths of time. However this past weekend was kind of a bummer. I did a race where I ran for 27 hrs and 30 minutes. The only thing the watch was connected to was a stryd foot pod using GPS only with 1 second sampling. No bluetooth, music, I dont even use my chest strap for longer ultras like this. I mostly kept the watch on the time of day data screen aside from the few times that I flipped to my main data page to check pace, time , etc. The watch had just fallen to 99% battery right before race start. Upon finishing the race and saving the activity I noted the battery was at 34%. Extrapolating from this it seems that I was no where near 60+ hrs battery life. Its also worth mentioning I got a lot of solar activity during the race when the sun was up. Ive had some other longer races and it seems like the watch is much further from 60hrs (66 with solar) than I was expecting. Granted, this is plenty of battery to get me through probably 99% of the races I would do but its nice to have some cushion. Just wanted to add some real world figures for anyone interested.

• But if you are using a Stryd, it's consuming some significant battery. Coros documentation is showing a 70% increase for any associated pod. I don't know how much it is for Garmin, but it must be pretty similar. 

• I understand that sensors use more battery. However,  this seems excessive based on my history. Ive been using stryd for 4 years on 4 different garmin watches and haven't seen this much battery consumption from stryd during an ultra. I'm not complaining im just putting information out there so other people who may be in similar situations with similar questions will have some data to consider. Odd thing is I did the same race last year and it seemed like stryd had no affect on the 945 with all the same setting aside from including glonss.

Do you have links to the Coros documentation? I'd love to read about it. 70% increase seems bonkers to me and I'd love to know why its so high.