Great battery life on the Fenix 6x Pro Solar... How’s your battery life?

Now that I have charged up my new Fenix 6x Pro Solar for over the last couple weeks, got it the day of release, the battery life is getting better. Yesterday after 10 hours, still showing 96% and even through out this past week I noticed sometimes would be a 97% and use it for about an hour for walking with the GPS+GLONASS on and still will be at round 91% by the end of 19 hours. Much more than my F5x Plus. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

hi,

very happy myself as well!

20h from last charge:

also during activity the drain, helped by solar charging, is around 2% per hour  compared with 5X+  4.5%

same settings, same data screens.

6Xpro solar:

5X+ same activity 

• Great info! Thanks for sharing.... If I set my backlight to 20%, shows 21 days of battery charge. I usually keep around 80% but lately changed it to 40% and shows 20 days. Still very happy with the Sunglasseseat battery life and knowing that the Solar does help keep less drain. Sunglasses

• Thanks for sharing this, Robert. Very interesting comparison. Very promising values ​​for the 6xPS. Btw: after installing the battery widget on my 6xPS I am not able to leave the widget? Any advice? Which tool is it for the discharge rate?

Supplement: found it in another thread: is battery up down

• And another question, Robert (and other F6 users):

when you are doing an activity, for example a hike, do the shown values for battery life in power mode match with the reality?

For example: my used power mode is showing 64 hrs for a hike, after 3 hrs of real activity, it is only showing 58 hrs. Thanks

This was only a theoretical test (device laying outside unter free sky). Battery went down from 97 to 87% in 3 hrs . (3,33%/hr), but Power mode went down from 64 to 58 hrs. Was cloudy, no sun for gaining battery available.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Volker
    Very promising values ​​for the 6xPS. Btw: after installing the battery widget on my 6xPS I am not able to leave the widget? Any advice?

hi,

back button, simple push, works for me.

start button scroll between graph and text.

Click here to play this video

hope this helps a bit,

robert

• Former Member
    For example: my used power mode is showing 64 hrs for a hike, after 3 hrs of real activity, it is only showing 58 hrs.

hi,

anyway it is an estimation based on actual start conditions.

could be worst as the activity goes, solar light (lack of....), GPS signal, backlight !!!, data screens.

what I do for power saving?

in daylight I disabled the backlight, sometimes I do not realize is on for no reason. as mostly on the handlebar, I tilt it to catch all light he can.

I keep my data fields in diverse activity, in a continuous enhancement, deleting what I do not use, etc.

on the other hand, we have a lot of power in 6xPS.

I would not  spend too much effort in conserving it. after all we have to enjoy our activities and with help of what the watch show us.

just me,

robert 

• But for what are the power modes created for? If you use a given one or create a custom one and the real values are about 50 off from in the power mode shown values, I would say the power modes is useless. 

• Hi Robert,

can you tell me please, what you have enabled for getting so low battery consumption?

I have enabled gps, no music, no bt, no Ohr/PulseOX, paired a tempe sensor and using the map page, But I get about 5%/hr battery with solar support.

Thanks 

Volker

• Former Member

hi,

6X on handlebar

my settings:

• - GPS on
    • - no music (I have to hear the cars.... )
    • - BT on - iPhone connected all the time 
    • - OHR goes off as I use external tri HTM
    • - Pulse OX sleep only - so no during the workout
    • - ANT+ connections (all Garmin)
      • cadence sensor
      • speed sensor
      • Varia RTL 510 Radar 
      • HRM tri-sport
    • backlight off during day

today, 10:30 started home2work with solar help (cloudy with a little sun):

evening w/o solar help and

• backlight on for notifications (as I need to see cars approaching reported by the radar)  and key, timeout 4sec.

it is work2home from Friday evening, after sunset

• the first half of the ride is on narrow one-way roads, parks and bicycle lines far from cars
    • the second half is parallel to the national road, with many cars passing by, so radar report them, backlight is almost all the time on, maybe this explains the increase in consumption  

same trend in another day from last week

midday 2work

evening 2home as well after sunset:

just me,

robert

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Volker
    But for what are the power modes created for? If you use a given one or create a custom one and the real values are about 50 off from in the power mode shown values, I would say the power modes is useless. 

I didn't touch (yet) the power modes...