Fenix 6 battery drain fast

I just got my Fenix 6 on monday. Got first fully charge (2 hours) and aware that the battery last for only 3-4 days (against 14 days as specs). Original watch face with moving second, WHR on, bluetooth on, no music, no GPS, no Pulse Ox... I will try get few more full charge before return for warranty. 

Is there anyone got the same issue? Is it possible the battery will be better over few more charges? or anything i should try to do before return it?

I love this watch and the fact its battery sucks is really annoying :( 

Update the next day: I tried reboot the watch to default and no pairing with Garmin Connect on IPhoneX. Surprisingly the batter last for like 0.25%/hour. Tried connect with the phone without download any app/face/widget, battery drop to 1%/hour. Try reinstall the Connect app, issue still exist. 

It seem to me the problem is not the watch but the connection btw watch and phone. I ve done everything i can but doesnt work. Any idea? i m afraid Garmin wont fix this for me since the problem not from the watch

Thanks 

• anyone who loses a lot of battery should reset the clock hard and not connect it to Garmin connect just use it as a normal clock and see if the battery sucks so much power. If not then everything is ok then the problem should be with garmin connect.

• Mine is oke now. About 0.2%/h

So after almost 1 month (bought it in early September), problem disappeared, but i am not even sure what s the cause.

I am happy with the current condition of my watch now so i decided to turn off the software update (not really trust Garmin on this)

Also, i wont sync with home computer (very likely problem come from it). Just use garmin connect from Phone or garmin express from work computer. 

How about yours?

• Ok, I found solution by my self.

Hold menu, system, update system software (if available)

Restart Garmin by holding highlight+start.

Charge fully.

Connect: disable LiveTrack

Connect: Disable Notifications from not important services like Google now.

Connect: Disconnect from else services like Strava

Connect: Uninstall all widgets and apps (and restart 6x again if you have it)

Verify how 6x is working now.

Idk where is the problem, but right now I have normal battery drain, around 2% for 8 hours of sleep tracking.

Very helpful topic with detailed explanation about 6x time life is here:

forums.garmin.com/.../influence-of-turned-on-features-on-the-estimated-displayed-battery-life-on-the-example-of-a-f6xpro-solar

• I'm gonna get my new Fenix 6pro tomorrow.

I won't connect the clock to the Garmin Connect app for the time being, nor will I connect it to Garmin Express. I'm curious what the battery will say.

Test it for a day, then if the battery is normal heist over night about 3% battery consumption I will first activate Garmin Connect or pair with the smartphone and should have worked last on the pc with Garmin Express.

Hope that everything will work and the battery stays solid and I'll get by about 10 days

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• good luck Helly,

The new watch should be fine i believe

• Hello people have received the Fenix 6 pro now.

Haven't connected them to the phone yet or pc.

Have them fully charged and had 1 hour and 36 minutes of cycling activity with the Garmin Dual chest strap.

I have lost only 5% battery on the activity duration of 96 minutes. I think that's ok.

Now I test how the battery is used during the night shift. If I am at 3-4% battery consumption for the next 12 hours I am very satisfied. Then I will start tomorrow with the Garmin Connect app coupling. I hope that the battery consumption will remain as good as before.

I will switch off the software update before that and only activate it if the battery consumption is still good.

PS: What I noticed immediately is that the buttons to press are not as good as with the clock before where I had problems with the battery. It seems as if Garmin still invests too little quality but the buttons are still good but were better with the previous watch. Whereby one could expect at 700€ that every watch is the same of the quality.

I keep you up to date

• after 4 days battery drain at 0.2%/h. I ve done a 3 hours running + music yesterday. Since then, battery drain at 1%/h again. I am too tired of trying to fix the problem so returned for warranty this morning.

It seemed like different watch had different quality/problem (which shouldnt happen with such an expensive watch)

My third garmin watch and really make me have 2nd though about Garmin if i decide to buy another sport watch in future

• Since the last update with my fenix 6 pro (4.10 software  and 2.50 hub)

my battery indicates 12 days and just before teh update 5 days, no change except the new firmware

thanks !!!!

• I've now completed my tests. After a new watch, my problems with the battery consumption have solved.

Current battery consumption after 3 days of use + 96 minutes of activity the battery is at 72%. Battery consumption is currently at 9.5% per day and I also did an update and set up the clock. Think I'll get an average of 7-8% battery consumption at the next full charge.

The only thing I haven't done yet is to connect the clock to Garmin Express on the PC. I won't do that for the time being.

• great the new watch worked for you

i also sent back for exchange yesterday

waiting to get a new one soon