My name is Paul and I love the Fenix 6x Sapphire

Yep.. there are other threads talking about similar, but I figured one more wouldn't hurt

Normally these forums are about issues, so the negative comments will always outweigh the positive ones. And the Fenix 6 has them for sure.. but most should get ironed out I hope.

But as a Garmin GPS consumer since my first Forerunner 301 back in.. 2005?!! I thought it would be worth posting a bit of extra praise.

Each watch and bike computer (and pedals) I have owned have gotten progressively better (on the whole). The 301 took longer to acquire satellites than the run itself! and if you went under trees... eeek! 

But the Fenix 6X makes me smile. There is something different about this one that sets it apart from previous generations.. maybe it is just that larger screen. Dunno

Whatever the reason, I am a happy bunny.

There.. I said it!

Now.. where are all those apps I am missing! hahaha

• Hi Paul, I was close to posting something similar this morning. I've run 3 times and cycled 3 times with the 6X and other than a couple of minor niggles, I'm loving it. Particularly running. Listening to Spotify playlists to my Aftershokz Aeropex headphones, having my pace strategy readily available with PacePro, and navigation guiding me all from my wrist on a bigger screen. Best Garmin device yet.

• we are peas from the same pod! I was also using the Aeropex headphones! hahah

• This definitely put a smile on my face. The forum is defiantly "Issue" heavy and it's nice to see others are as happy as I am with their purchase.

• Very happy too with my new toy. I'm one of the lucky guys who didn't experience the HRM issues, and I am absolutely stunned by the battery life of this thing. I have gone for a 10K, one hour run this morning and the battery just dropped by 3% :) GPS only (no GLONASS or GALILEO), no music and HRM-run connected. I can't wait to try this watch on my next very long race :)

• For the most of apps that worked on prev generation - just connect old watch to laptop, go to Apps folder and copy respective .PRG (for program) and .SET (for settings) files to Fenix 6 (same folder). This should allow transfer of apps and customizations to F6 - but which of them will actually work is hard to tell so: 1. try for yourself and 2. if it fails - send "I love you" mail to developer to update their app.

• I'm with you all. Just moved over from the fenix 5 plus Sapphire Titanium and the 6 Pro Sapphire is a big improvement. I'm particularly happy with the software which is really more mature. Everything works together nicely, quick reject message right under the button, garmin pay under your own button and the scrolling widgets are great. #happy! 

• Thus far, I’m very happy with mine as well. It’s definitely a nice upgrade from the 5+.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

hi all,  WinkSmiley

thank you for starting this! you are absolutely right

and I feel the same. I love my 6X PS and I enjoy all the Garmin gadgets I own.

I started the Garmin journey last year after I sat next to a Garmin representative on the plane. we spent 1-hour talking about Garmin. luckily was a propeller plane (1h flight not 30min flight with the jet), and we had time to made things clear.

I was searching for a gadget to help me not to miss the turns in the woods when I mountain bike. Also to be able to load courses, to make my own trails, etc. When he said that 5X plus can do all this I started the Garmin journey.

5X+, sensors (speed, cadence), 2 HRM's, and the one that is live-saving - Varia 510 radar. - all works nicely.

forums are full of problems, and people forget to share good things, positive thoughts.

after all, all these are made to help us to enjoy what we like more  - cycling, MTB, running, swimming, hiking, etc....

and I feel the same guys, 6X is a big improvement over 5X+

have a nice day!

robert

• This is so cool. Nice to hear positive stories for a change!.. the forum is a great place to air issues or questions, but we forget to offset that sometimes with the good. 

• I absolutely love my 6X so far too. I always liked my Vivoactive 3 before, but the Fenix 6X is in an entirely different league. Now that I've been using it for 9 days, I don't know how I ever "survived" before without all the new features the 6X brings me. Also, it just looks great! The VA3 always looked like a fitness watch - which, to be fair, it is exactly that - but the Fenix is ruggedly handsome and looks 10x better.

So far, my favorite things about the 6X are:

• Battery life is insane! I recorded 5 different activities in the last week, and it still went 8 days before it hit 20% and I decided to charge it up. My VA3 needed to be charged up before AND after every single activity, and occasionally died during an activity (deleting what it recorded in the process), which is unacceptable.
    • Maps! Need I say more? Sure, previous models have also had maps, but this is my first watch that has them, and it's a serious game changer. I can leave my standalone hiking GPS at home now.
    • The 0.2" bigger screen size doesn't sound like much, but it makes all the difference. So much more data fits on the screen now. 8 data fields per page, AND they are all still perfectly readable! No more constantly scrolling through page after page of data screens during my activities!
    • Widget glances!