Two Sapphire Fenix 6 Pro’s, backlight / contrast issues

I bought two fenix 6’s today, both are the Carbon grey DLC coated with sapphire glass.

Have a look at these photos, my wife's is on the left hand side and mine the right. Her looks very yellow compared to mine which looks far crisper and sharper. Both have backlight set to 50%. 

Any thoughts on if there’s a setting other than backlight that could cause this before I go back to the shop where I bought them?

• I agree, let's hope that this will be a lesson for all. Garmin itself but customers as well, because if they so fanatically support something that is unacceptable, then this leaves Garmin with the room to apply such policies. 

• My Vivoactive 3 screen looks better than F6 unfortunately and this is not only my opinion, but my friends too. Something went wrong there... and as  has said hopefuly the lesson will be learnt... 

• Cause he admitted here already that he reported so many posts of mine just for fun as he laughed.

If that indeed is the case, then I think maybe the moderators should warn him and suspend his account if it continues.  Spite isn't a legitimate reason.

• because if they so fanatically support something that is unacceptable

What people find as acceptable and unacceptable is a matter of personal preference.  Neither side can tell the other they're opinion or view is wrong.  You posted you found a watch acceptable for you.  What if that watch didn't meet my standards?  Would that make you a fanatic supporting something unacceptable?

• Martin, I see you gave me a thumbs down on my post to George_Solari.  The back light color of these watches isn't as simple as a light switch being turned on or off where you can only argue if the light is on or off.  So dear, if I made you a glass of sweet tea are you going to tell me there's only one correct amount of sugar that can be added?  If there's too much or too little, then it's unacceptable as sweet tea?  You're here making this decision for everyone?  Maybe you'd care to explain what it was that I said that you disagree with?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to George_Solari

Dude. I'm glad your replacement was acceptable to you, but that does not mean anything less than that is a defect to everyone.

Mine is not quite as good as yours (close but not quite), but it is very acceptable to me. It's only a freaking backlight.

• I'm been closely following the threads regarding the backlight and have seen lots of your posts; I'm happy you finally got one that works out for you!

• If it's acceptable to you is all that matters. At the end of the day, you invested your money to it and you have to be pleased. 

• If you follow my posts regarding this issue you should have seen that many times I said that what is acceptable for anyone is subjective. If you think that paying such an amount of money for a watch and you don't mind having an inferior screen it's OK by me. 

Now what is considered a good quality screen is objective. A good screen displays black as black, white as white etc. This is something that no matter what you believe or say cannot be changed. This is objective.

What is unacceptable (for me) is the fact that QC varying in such a degree is considered OK. Not addressing that this is a bad sign...Cause if screens vary so much, I can easily think that this won't be the only component of the watch that deviates.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to George_Solari

My 6X sapphire came with a different band than was shown on the website. It was not a bad band, just not the one like in the picture. I posted a thread here to see if anyone else got one with a band like mine and everyone else seemed to have the band that was shown in the pictures.

I called garmin and they told me that is what they are shipping with now, and even though it bugged me a little I was willing to accept it. As more and more people posted in my thread and everyone seemed to have the band in the picture I decided to use the chat feature on the garmin website. The support person sent me an email and told me to reply with a picture of my band. I did and he told me it was the wrong band and sent me a new one for free.

I did not have to make hundreds and hundreds of posts on numerous threads trashing garmin like they are a bad company or something. You along with a handful of other people just keep trashing garmin, yet you buy their products, and just relentlessly just keep trashing them, and simply will not stop doing it no matter how many people ask you to stop.

Even after you got the perfect backlight now, you still keep trashing them, and I for one am sick of people trashing a good company, yet still buying their products.

Please stop already for god sake.

I know your probably going to keep responding to people who are asking you to stop this because it seems like you are a person who always has to get the last word in, and that's fine too.

Just want you to know my feelings about this particular subject.