Installing maps on fenix 6 fails

Hi, I have a strange issue. All updates seem to have worked and the map Coverage updates all installed without issue. Only the TopoActive Europe 2019.10 won't install always giving error installing update. I have tried Garmin Express on Mac (main computer) and Windows even reinstalled Garmin express and reset fenix 6 to factory defaults. Nothing seem to work to install the updated map. See picture

Any one suggestions or the solution?

• Just a hunch, I had the same issue on my edge 530 while updating/installing trail forks maps, I was always getting an error, like yours. Apparently I needed to first login (create account) on trail forks on the device and then successfully updated via Garmin express. 

• What is trail forks on the device where can i find that? I see in de apps.garmin.com that's only for edge devices not for fenix series

• Just read it again:

He mentioned HE HAD THIS ISSUE ON HISSSSSSSSSSSS EDGE 530!

• Just received mine last night and was having similar problem but with North America updates.  Install error message every time.  I was connecting on my iMac through a USB hub so I closed out of Garmin Express and connected the Fenix 6 directly to a port on the back of the iMac.  Rebooted and everything worked.  Does not seem to like a USB hub for me.

• Hi I have solve my problem. My Fenix 6 Sapphire was not a correct one. It had serial number of a Sapphire but it was a gorrila glas version and probably other issues are cause of the mixup in device. It returned it to the shop and they investigated it. All serial numbers and product code were correct but clearly the device was a complete other type. They replaced it with a correct one. Clearly stating its a sapphire version on the back plate. Now I'm installing the topoActive Europe 2019.10 on it. With out issues.  May be some strange mixup in the factory caused this.

For the dutch people I got great support and help from Waypoint (https://www.gps.nl) with the replacement. If you want a garmin device please go and visit them.

• Mine kept saying that it had map updates just like yours but kept failing as well. I went to garmin connect (web version) and noticed the little watch icon in the top right corner (labeled Device and Sync Status when you mouse over) had golf clubs on the list of things to sync. I deleted those. Then I went to gear, deleted all the clubs (I never created them), and then was able to sync through Garmin Express. 

After I did this, it no longer said there was a map update available and I could sync. I don't think there ever were updated maps; I think it was just a bug displaying that updates were available when they weren't because there was something that needed to be synced.

• Similar Issues for my Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire 

Unable to update TopoActive Africa 6.0

Map: TopoActive Africa 6.0 Error

Unable to perform map update from Garmin Connect. "There was an error installing the update"

Other updates successful

Brand new unit. Fenix 6 Sapphire 

Actions so far - didn't fix the issue

Firmware updated to V4.30

Garmin Express V6.19.3.0

Have performed a factory reset.

Have deleted SYNC Folder from PC and its recreated a fresh one.

Have tried another PC with a fresh install of Garmin Connect.

Have looked at and tried solutions from Fenix 5 Map upgrade issues.

Nothing works :( 

• I have exactly the same proble with TopoActiv Africa Map. Although I don’t really need Africa Map, it is annoying to have pending update sitting there in Garmin Express. I wonder if anyone found the solution to this issue yet?

• Same issue. TopoActiv Africa Map 6.0 fails to install. Any suggestions?

• I have the same. I have tried reinstalling Express, tried to update on my Mac, on my Windows, freed up space (20Gb) on the watch, changed Wifi connections, there is definitely an issue that Garmin may need to resolve