Wish the 6s had a beefier bezel

I've had the 5s, the 5, and now the 6s. I love the smaller size of the 5s and 6s, but I've gotta say, I just don't think they're nearly as attractive as their larger cousins. The big diving watch inspired bezels on the 6 and 6x just give those watches so much more rugged outdoor character. I would love it is the 7s eliminated that black ring around the screen entirely and used the space to have a titanium bezel that's about twice as wide as the one on the current 6s. 

• Agree - which is part of my decission too that I choose a F6 titanium. The looks of that watch is truly stellar. 

• I disagree. If I should buy an Fenix, it would be an 6s, because the others looks way too boxy for me, but I am also not a hiker but a runner with small wrists. 

• Try iy on your and you will see. The difference is quite big

• I disagree. If you want a big bezel buy the non-S version. The entire point of the S is to be SLIM not chunky.

And if they eliminate the remaining black area it should become *screen* not bezel. 

• The S models are actually quite chunky by design. This is not the case with the regular ones. I have had both models in my hands. The proportions on the regular Fenix is much nicer. 

• The Fenix 6 titanium only looks good if you have a medium/large wrist. For guys like me with small wrists, the F6 (and 945) looks over-sized, and the big bezel looks very dominant.

• Yeah you're right. However with 160 mm wrists, I thought I had small wrists... ;-) Turn out with that size F6 is perfect for me. 

• A bigger bezel doesn't have to mean a bigger watch. A Tudor Black Bay 58 is only 39mm, and a Rolex Daytona is 40mm, so significantly slimmer than the 6s, but they also have more substantial bezels that give them a more sporty look. The 6s bezel is approaching the thinness of formal dress watches. 

My wrist is only a hair over 6 inches, so the 5+ titanium, which is what I used to wear, really swallowed it. Still, it was a very handsome looking watch off the wrist. I just feel like ths 6s is a little lacking in character. I will probably put a 2-piece NATO strap on it to see if that helps. 

• I disagree.. the Fenix 6S is a lighter watch with all the features of the heavier 6 but with a more understated design and looks nicer on a small wrist. The Fenix 6 looks unnecessarily chunky by comparison, unless you are a rock climber and really need that armoured bezel. When you are running 5min/mile around a 400m track you don’t want to be carrying the kitchen sink on your wrist.

• I get that a smaller watch looks better on a smaller wrist. I even think they look good for people with larger wrists, and I hate the trend towards 44mm+ watches. But why should the design be more understated? The design has nothing to do with the size of the watch. I've owned a lot of sport watches over the years (Speedmaster Automatic at 38mm, Royal Oak at 36mm, Sinn 556 at 38.5mm). They were all MUCH smaller and slimmer than the 6S (they make the 6s look like the regular 6), but they all had bigger bezels. A slightly wider bezel (extending inward, not outward) has no impact on size and very little impact on weight.

I think it's also a missed opportunity because the lower end Garmins now look so similar to the 6s. It's hard to tell the difference at a glance between a 245 and a 6s. The Fenix series has always been about premium materials and more of a "real watch" look. I think it would have been perfect if the bezel went as far in as the dotted line on the black circle. There would have been zero difference in terms of wearability, but the aesthetic impact would have been significant. It wouldn't make the watch the "kitchen sink."