Almost no software available for 6 series in Connect store! When will SDK be available for developers to update their software?

I don't remember a new Fenix series coming out before with so little software available including all the popular ones.  When will the SDK be available for developers to update their software?  I have a mind to return the watch and wait for that to happen because I rely on many aftermarket softwares and watch faces. 

• There can be other variables involved when something like this is released.  Here, it could be that I think this will also be the general release of the CIQ 3.1.1 SDK, which brings new stuff to a whole bunch of devices (that has been in beta for devs since April, BTW). Also, there can be things like FW updates to other devices that need to be rolled out before the SDK is released.  If not (and this has happened in the past), an app could be updated in the store, but any time a user tries to download it, they are told they must update the FW, and that FW is not available yet.

So, things not directly impacting the f6, but other devices.  Slight smile

• L60N: Not a change of heart but a change of features.  I own a Garmin watch specifically because of 3rd party software.  Garmin is smart to have this over other fitness watches.  It makes their product more valuable and it is one reason I'm willing to pay more for it vs. a Fitbit.  I had no idea when I upgraded I'd lose every single piece of 3rd party software I use.  If I knew that I'd have waited because it means I lose features with the new watch and have to keep and wear my previous watch to have them.  That is not only a PITA, but it is going to cost me money because my old watch will depreciate more while I wait for software and because I could have paid less for the Fenix 6 if I waited a few months to purchase it. 

• We're talking the matter of a few days (it's a holiday weekend in the US so probably not Monday).  I doubt your old watch will depreciate that much in a week Slight smile

And from the developer perspective, we want to get the f6 supported ASAP.  I'm sure many of us have been getting requests to support our apps on the f6 (I know I have).  And some will be as minor as clicking a few check-boxes and uploading to the store.  Some may take a longer time, but probably not much..

• Just made a list of my favorite watchfaces, widgets, and datafields, so far most of the important ones did updates this year, so I hope those develeopers are still active.

Inline Skating+ is already done, thanks. I'm going to order if the most important ones are available.

• SDK should be posted ahead of launch day.  Devs for Apple Watch get the SDK 3+ months in advance of new OS public launch.

• Share it just with your biggest Devs with a massive NDA.

• I contacted the developer (fbbbrown) of one of my favorite apps, got a nice responce and headsup as soon as he had the app (inlineskate+) updated. Slowly New stuff is coming

• In the US just take it back to the store with proof of purchase. 15 days is typical with electronics

• Almost every store has a "satisfaction guarantee" to attract costumers and it works. I wont by anything from a retailer where I could not return within an appropriate time frame. Heck, there are some auto retailers that will give you a 3 day return guarantee also

• Not only Fenix 6, I didn't update for FR945 to not bother again with almost same things, but...