Length of strap on F6S

I'm currently a 645M owner and looking at the Fenix 6S Pro as a potential upgrade.

At the moment, if you want a fully featured "small" Garmin watch your options are Forerunner 245, 645 and now Fenix 6S. I've compared photos and the dimensions of the 645 and Fenix 6S - screen sizes, bezel size, case size - are all identical from what I can gather. I welcome the redesigned case, reduced thickness, reduced weight and the shorter lugs - it's a nice looking watch, especially the "Pro" in black or gunmetal.

I am interested to know what quick release strap comes with the Fenix 6S. From the photos it looks like it's marginally wider than the 645 strap, which will be a welcome change as it will offer more support for running than the F5S strap did, but I can't tell what length it is. I found the strap on the Fenix 5S to be almost too short for me - guy with a small wrist. Does anyone know the total length with it on the watch?

• I found this under the Garmin specs:

Fits wrists with the following circumference:
    Silicone band: 108-182 mm
    Suede band: 108-175 mm
    Fabric band: 108-189 mm
    Metal band: 108-180 mm

The 645M, Fēnix 5s and 6s all have the same width 20mm straps. The Fēnix ones are QuickFit!

• The strap on the F6S looks slightly wider than the one on the 645. As for length I don't know, but if the Garmin specs are anything to go by it looks like the 6S has the shortest strap out of the F6S, F5S Plus and Forerunner 645. I hope that's not the case, as the buckle on my 645 is positioned ideally on the side of my forearm; on the Fenix 5S as it was shorter so it was sat on the soft middle bit of my forearm, and it dug into my skin and drove me nuts, and always left a nasty indentation mark.

Fenix 5S Plus

Silicone band: 145-217 mm

Fenix 6S

Silicone band: 108-182 mm

Forerunner 645

Fits wrists with a circumference of 127-204 mm

• a photo is better to see difference (645M on the left, 6S on the right). It's not wider, but it's definitely shorter.

• That’s useful, thanks. Would you be able to take a top down photo? Is it the same length as Fenix 5S, do you know? It just means the buckle will sit over the soft part of your forearm and dig in when done up tight. Really annoying.

• Others photos, and I dnn't have the Fenix 5S so, I can't tell if it's the same size.

And if you done it tight, here what you get

• Thanks for the photos.

Could you measure the two partos of fenix 6s strap? To compare with the size of third party straps.

• The long part is 110 mm and the shorter is 72 mm to the buckle and 85 mm with the buckle deployed

• Really useful photos. I wear my 645 on the 10th hole and have the buckle on the third from last hole, so it looks like the 6S will fit similarly but without excess strap showing. I would probably have to move the buckle up one hole but that's not a major problem.

How does it feel when compared to the 645? Is the 20g noticeable? Does it slip around the wrist or stay put? I expect the new lug design helps a lot.

Also sorry for all the questions but have you tested the lap pace accuracy and general GPS performance? As I think it is pretty inconsistent on the 645 at the start of each lap.

• I like to wear my watches really loose. I wore my 645 on the 9th hole and now the Fenix 6s on the 8th. When I first put on the Fenix 6s the weight difference was noticeable and I was sad. But a day later and I don't notice or think about it. The Fenix 6s also looks thicker than the 645 for some reason but since it is only .3mm thicker this should not be noticeable. I love the Fenix 6s and am keeping it. 

• The GPS accuracy is good for me, it doesn't do to much off-track. For the Pace, it does like all the garmin watch that I've ever used, needing at least 200 m to be valid, as it's an estimation thus as less time it get, as less precise is the instant lap pacing. I always check the lap pacing by the end of the lap.

And for the weight, i don't feel the difference compared to the f645.