15.77 Wrong watch face gets deleted in Connect IQ

I have FaceIT installed - and when I delete an IQ watch face in CONNECT iQ, the wrong watchface gets deleted on the watch and the watch displays an IQ error icon. In ConnectIQ the watchface is still installed but gives an « error try again » message when you try to modify the settings. The app and watch have to be restarted and the ciq watchface has to be reinstalled. 

• This needs fixed. Beyond ridiculous to delete old watch faces and lose ones you want to keep. 

• Beyond ridiculous to delete old watch faces and lose ones you want to keep.

Solution:

switch to a build in watchface. Then delete your desired IQ watchface in Connect IQ. Everything should work fine.

• That worked perfectly. Thank you 

• Unfortunately This did not work for me i believe this was caused by my rapid download to poke and play around with my new device. Here is what worked for me!

For context: I have a new EPIX Gen2 watch and i have firmware v16.22 w/ an Iphone 11 & Windows 10 desktop. To fix the issue i just reset my entire watch and setup through Garmin Express before any Connect IQ content was downloaded to my phone or my watch.

I was setting watch up and had a lot of unwanted watchfaces/datafields/apps and as i started deleting unwanted items, everything failed at the same. Through a long troubleshooting process i was unable to fix the issue any other way.

What was key in my reset process:

- watch was plugging it into the computer first to setup and update, i did this because the watch wasn't pairing with app with bluetooth but i think the "must update watch before apps/watchfaces can be work properly"  issue is behind the watchface issue. Really the warning should be in the setup of the watch, require the garmin express update/setup before the user has a chance to connect it to the IQ app. If i had connected to the IQ App before Garmin Express during this process it fails.

-when uninstalling watchface it is 'logged' and you can reinsall from list below, i believe this is adding to the issue. To finally fix my watch I had to uninstall all watch faces that meant deleting the "uninstalled" watch faces from the list. This must be done in both the IQ App and in Garmin Express as it is saved in both.

• Update June 12, 2024: 

Our engineers have indicated this issue should now be resolved with the latest official Public Software update version 17.23.