This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Epix screen flickers when dimming (AOD Display Timeout)

Does anyone notice screen flickering when the display is dimmed? It's really noticeable on watch faces with a lot of color. 

I find it kind of annoying as its bugging my eyes a lot when I look at my watch at an angle without triggering the gesture and the screen illuminating with brightness - I do that a lot as it's my main reason having AOD on.

Should I return the watch for servicing? Is it all the same with all watches? 

• I'm not seeing any. Mine is set to only wake with a touch.

• If you set it to wake with gesture and set a colorful watch face, would it be flickering when the screen is dimmed?

• Here's a video of the effect.

• Hi, for me there is only flickering in AOD when in dim light conditions, but I haven't tried different watchfaces yet to reproduce the effect. 

I guess they make use of the maximum range of the amoled display to save battery.. I wouldn't say it is abnormal - do you see the effect with the stock watchfaces, too? 

• Yea, it happens with stock watch faces that have bright colors. If I tune down the colors or use just white, it's barely noticeable.

• I'm not seeing it on mine. I'm pretty sure flickering is a normal effect of dimming Amoled displays though. I know Iphones have been accused of causing headaches from pulsing the display when set to low.

• This can't be normal...I've had apple watch, seen many other apple watches, phones, tvs...nothing flickers like the screen on the video I posted above.

• I have same issue here with my Epix gen2

I have not seen it happening with stock watch faces, but virtually with all custom watch faces I download from Garmin IQ, the strange thing is that it not always true, sometimes it does not happen, then later starts to flicker

• That can't be normal.  I've reset and thrown my Epix 2 in my drawer anyways so I can't test that watch face.  Not going to use it until they get the bluetooth cut outs fixed.

• Do you see that with your eyes or with the camera only? If you see it with your eyes the screen has problem. Usually those flickers happen only with cameras cause of hz.