This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Headphones will not stay connected

I have been using the Epix 2 for about 2 months now. During this time I have never been able to maintain a connection to headphones for more than 3-4 minutes. Most of the time the headphones disconnect within seconds of starting play. I have followed all of the recommendations (removing and re-adding headphones from the watch, making sure the headphones are not connected to my phone or other devices, restarting the watch before/after any of these actions, etc.) and I have even dug out a pair of headphones that I haven't used in years as a 'fresh' perspective and they behave just the same. I even tried to remove and re-pair the headphones while ~1km from any other device while trail running (phone left in car) and with zero chance of device conflict and the system refused to hold on to the headphones. Each of these headphones has worked with a Venu and a Venu2 without issue. What is going on here? Why is this such a problem Garmin?

For what its worth 

• Galaxy buds Pro
  • Aeropex
  • Galaxy Buds +
  • Amazon Music
  • Attempted to use audio during Run, Trail Running, Treadmill Running, and with no activity

This is a freaking joke of a problem for a $1k watch. 

• All of the headphones I have been trying all (except for the test pair of cheap buds) worked without issue on Venu and Venu 2 devices. During a chat with Garmin support they noted that the devices use different stacks (unclear as to if its the hardware, software or both that is different) so comparing performance shouldn't be 1-1. It wasn't a great answer but I imagine its what they'd claim here. 

• I have not attempted to use ANT+ devices. I have had the RPOD work just fine. I'm not sure where the limits of the problem lie for me. WRT getting the watch replaced, I wasn't given the option when talking to support. Sounds like I need to waste another couple of hours with a chat session.

• If having issues is there any software with the headset i.e. for equalizer settings etc. As I wonder if this software could perhaps be causing the issue. If so is it possible to not use the software and or at least set the headset to a default settings.

• I have tried with multiple headsets and BT devices and the failure to maintain connection behavior is consistent between them all. I do not think modification of any device setting (especially since some devices have no such option) would result in any change. 

• I've had the same issue with all the SW revs I've tried. It seems to be getting better with each rev, but not fixed. I think they have a process that crashes and the watch is non-responsive for a short period of time while that process re-boots. It looses both BT and ANT connections, and the ANT come back automatically. Hopefully Garmin will get it fixed in a future load. My drops are about every 1-2 hours. I'm getting good at re-starting the BT headphones.

• 4 Days in on my Brand new Epix 2 and here I am, searching the Garmin Forums for a Bluetooth audio fix. I use Spotify and Amazon Music and have had both hiccup consistently and once or twice completely disconnect during runs. No phone with me and the Beats Fit Pros are not paired to my phone either. I'm running the latest 8.21 software. So frustrating.... Wondering if I should try to open a support ticket or just try an exchange as well ... 

• Sorry to hear it.  I'm looking into the ticket process now as well. 

• I got excited this afternoon when my music played for 4 minutes and then completely disconnected again. I was playing with the power profiles and hoped that forcing the high power consumption profile was the answer. Alas, it was not. Disappointed

• My disconnects are much more frequent (about every 10 minutes)... And when it first disconnects out on a run I have a hard time connecting them again... Disappointed

• Could you a look at this issue, it would be really nice with an official statement on the matter?