This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Headphones will not stay connected

I have been using the Epix 2 for about 2 months now. During this time I have never been able to maintain a connection to headphones for more than 3-4 minutes. Most of the time the headphones disconnect within seconds of starting play. I have followed all of the recommendations (removing and re-adding headphones from the watch, making sure the headphones are not connected to my phone or other devices, restarting the watch before/after any of these actions, etc.) and I have even dug out a pair of headphones that I haven't used in years as a 'fresh' perspective and they behave just the same. I even tried to remove and re-pair the headphones while ~1km from any other device while trail running (phone left in car) and with zero chance of device conflict and the system refused to hold on to the headphones. Each of these headphones has worked with a Venu and a Venu2 without issue. What is going on here? Why is this such a problem Garmin?

For what its worth 

• Galaxy buds Pro
  • Aeropex
  • Galaxy Buds +
  • Amazon Music
  • Attempted to use audio during Run, Trail Running, Treadmill Running, and with no activity

This is a freaking joke of a problem for a $1k watch. 

• I have tried to do both. The headphones will disconnect within 5 to 15 seconds on the average. This can be just pairing the headphones and waiting or starting a song and connecting then. If I just sit with the headphones connected (no music, no activity) I can hear the dropped connection/reconnection confirmation every 20-30 seconds on my headphones.  I have not tried to do an activity with headphones and no music other than running out a trail run with my headphones still in after they lost connection in the first few minutes. 

• Just tried the $20 jlabs from Target. No success. They paired and subsequently disconnected within seconds. I tried to start a song, selected the headphones and the searching/pairing never completes.  :/

• I’m in the same boat… I complained to Garmin and they did the engineers are aware of it but no time line given on fixing it… for very expensive watch it is very disappointing. I’m still running around with my phone in my hand which is a a bit annoying 

• Still happening to me at random intervals.  Full factory reset on watch numerous times and no 3rd party watch faces, apps or data fields.   Music on watch at 192k mp3 files.  Phone is never with me on runs so it isn’t a factor.

Tried with Apple AirPods latest gen and Microsoft surface earbuds,  Mostly happens In activities, but can happen while just listening to music.

• I have used the watch the exact same way, and I always experience hiccups in the music, and ultimately disconnects. I wonder why Garmin will not comment on this issue when they comment on so many others.

I paid 1.100$ for a watch which doesn't work as I intended to use it and naturally that's very frustrating.

• As commented on a different comment: The exact same situation here: Hiccups in the music, and ultimately disconnects. I 

I paid 1.100$ for a watch which doesn't work as I intended to use it and naturally that's very frustrating.

• The whole Bluetooth thing was supposed to be addressed this month, but the latest update didn’t fix it.  I’m going to request that support replace the watch.  I was told by support to wait for this promised Bluetooth fix.  

Aside from that, the watch has been decent.  I only say decent because I know that buying a Garmin means lots of quirkiness and bugs.   

• Had huge problems with the Fenix 6X but the Epix has been solid.  Never had a problem with Aeropex even on the F6X.

All of this makes no sense.

• Same for me. Had constant issues with Fenix 6. No problems at all with Epix

• Just to reiterate what I've said in other threads really - I spent over a month troubleshooting my Epix 2 with Garmin support and engineering, which had no end of bluetooth stack issues (headphones wouldn't stay connected, sensors dropping, couldn't reliably use ANT+ whenever a bluetooth device was connected, etc). I eventually got the watch replaced and this one has none of these issues, headphones stay connected during workouts, multiple sensors connected have no issue.

I'd still push to get the watch replaced and try that.