This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EPIX 2 Map details missing after upgrade to v8.18

Good day

Since upgrading to v8.18 two days ago my maps are missing key details. This occurs in all apps. I am able to see road names but no roads or trails. Strangely enough if I zoom out a lot I am able to see patches of roads but nothing around my immediate vicinity.

In the first image below you can see roads and road names on the right whilst on the left, the roads haven't rendered.

In the second image below you can see that no roads appear around my location but roads are visible further out.

I only have the TopoActive Africa map enabled.

I was able to immediately resolve the issue by manually downgrading to v7.35. I then upgraded again to v8.18 and the issue reappears.

This is a terribly frustrating bug that is preventing me from being able to use the map effectively for navigating trails.

• Updated June 29th, 2022:

The issue has been resolved with software version 8.37.

• Thank you Chris,

I have Topo Israel v8 Light and Topo Active Middle East (also called MENA). Roads are missing on both (the pictures I sent in the private message are one from each)

No 3rd party maps ever installed.

None of the suggested workarounds (re install maps, ski view) solves the problem.

• Same here with my own OSM-based map (Fork of Freizeitkarte-OSM). Inpossible to switch back to the garmin default map "Topoactive Europe", after doing that there is a blank screen with no map, also a reboot (suspend activity) doesnt help. Map switch is possible after ending the activity but not in an active activity.

As you can see, there are regions with streets/paths and regions without it on the same screen.

• Confirm, enabling ski view on 8.21 solved the issue.

• I just noticed an update in my queue that I downloaded:

And after that when I in my app (iOS) checked the map settings for an activity there was all of a sudden way more choices then before, maybe 5-6 different maps to toggle! I deselected the TopoActive one to see if problem would now be solved, then restarted watch and closed the app to give it a test, but no roads/paths were showing.

I then returned to the app but now it looks like it did before, with only two maps selectable...

Too bad I did not think about taking a screen shot when I had multiple choices...

• Interesting! That helps with 3r party maps like OSM or VasaM. 

• Same issue here on a brand new Epix 2. I just purchased Topo Pro V6 Europe and found out that I couldn't see any details while I get details on other maps (OSM, Frikart, Maprando, OpenTopo...)

• As a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved, you might be able to get your roads and trails to show again by enabling SkiView on your watch. For some watches, enabling all maps or some maps brought roads back too.

• Reinstalling SkiView (I removed it at some point) and re-enabling it did the trick! Thanks a lot.
    BTW, I found out that other non-Garmin maps weren't showing streets as well without this trick (Maprando).

• How much space is needed for skiview? I've also removed it at some point, but as of now I don't dare to plug my watch into Express with the current issue of deleting .fit-files...

And my screenshot above, should there be more maps showing up there? As I wrote, after some update I could see several more options there such as DEM etc, but now I'm back to the above, and don't find anything more in the watch either.

Edit: "karta" = "map" in swedish...