This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EPIX 2 Map details missing after upgrade to v8.18

Good day

Since upgrading to v8.18 two days ago my maps are missing key details. This occurs in all apps. I am able to see road names but no roads or trails. Strangely enough if I zoom out a lot I am able to see patches of roads but nothing around my immediate vicinity.

In the first image below you can see roads and road names on the right whilst on the left, the roads haven't rendered.

In the second image below you can see that no roads appear around my location but roads are visible further out.

I only have the TopoActive Africa map enabled.

I was able to immediately resolve the issue by manually downgrading to v7.35. I then upgraded again to v8.18 and the issue reappears.

This is a terribly frustrating bug that is preventing me from being able to use the map effectively for navigating trails.

• It’s been reported since some betas in the Fenix 7 forum , Garmin simple doesn’t care and released the final version with bugs that have been reported since weeks ago. It seems the focus is throw more watches on the market instead of fixing the existing ones 

Please do not post if not helpful to everyone experiencing the issue all working towards a solution. Thank you.

• It seems the focus is throw more watches on the market instead of fixing the existing ones 

I've always understood that this is how Garmin works.  Where is that Bluetooth cutout fix that was promised for May?  All about these HUGE profit watches.  

Don't get me wrong, still like the watch a lot.  I've learned to do a factory reset with each firmware update, things seem to work ok that way.

• Enable ski view in map setting. Maybe it will work as like before 8.18.

• weird as I am not seeing that in Europe - can see all road names and can see trails etc.

Have you checked to make sure that your map setting includes high level of detail; and have you tried toggling on the courseview for your area (perhaps that holds all the trail etc detail). Maybe it needs both to work properly.

• I have the same problem, and the solution didn't solve it.

It seems it works for some regions, but not for me (using the MENA top map)

• I have given up and downgraded to v7.35 for now. None of the suggested solutions worked for me either. 

• Updated June 29th, 2022:

The issue has been resolved with software version 8.37.

• Thank you. In my case I am NOT using a 3rd party map. I am only using the Garmin TopoActive Africa map that was included when I purchased my device.

• Hi Chris,

As I wrote to you in a private messgae, it is not just 3rd party maps. I have only Garmin maps and encounter the same problem(I have the MENA  and Israel light maps). It might not apply to all regions, but it isn't limited to 3rd party maps.

• Thank you for both of your posts with more detail. I have yet to work through my PM messages for the day. (It takes an average of half my day to address the number of PM messages received daily.) I will go to your PM(s) first.