Others with Audio dropouts using Beats Fit Pro’s and Epix 2?

Wearing my Epix 2 sapphire on the left hand.  Notice frequent audio dropouts over BT using my Beats Fit Pro’s during a run activity.  Switching to Mono makes no difference (although unsure if that should affect marginal BT performance).

Swapped over to my older Powerbeats BT headphones (this model is also BT, but each earpiece is wired to the other rather than being independent) and no issues at all.

Wondering if anyone else observing this.  

Have considered swapping the Epix to the Right hand, but would rather avoid that hassle in all honesty.

• So, there may be a scenario where this applies but the fundamental problem is probably the bluetooth signal to headphones.  I have a longer torso, wore the 6X on my left wrist, and roughly 10 minutes in they'd just drop.  It was often hard to reconnect on the 6X but sometimes it did.

I always had a chest strap because it was the only way to get a reliable HR.  Most of the time I had Stryd as well.  Neither of those would drop as far as I noticed.  I was also able to use Aeroplex headphones reliably but they aren't as good in the wind as the Air Pods Pro, which with ANC do really well at.

If I wore the watch on my right wrist, no problem.

All of this strongly suggests that the watch BT signal simply isn't good enough and that the current generation of the watch isn't any better than the last generation.

FWIW, the Marq Athlete had the same problem.  The first few weeks/months of the 6X was fine.  I'm fairly sure that the many posts pointing to the version change on the BT have it correct.

It's very disappointing that Garmin put this watch out in the same state as previous versions.  This is a well known problem and I have no doubt at all that they knew about it.

• It also depends which EarPod is the main receiver. It you have the watch on the same side as the main receiver it usually works fine. Also some people have tried in the past just connecting the one EarPod frost them placing the other in the ear. 

Either way I have no issues on either wrist with my AirPods Pro or any previous AirPods. 

• I have exactly this issue. Disconnected once after about 15 minutes into a run. Managed to reconnect. Stayed connected for around 25 minutes, disconnected - and then it just wouldn’t reconnect to the headphones. 

Zero issues when using them with my Apple Watch series 4 which is getting on a bit now. 

Quite disappointing. 

• I use Beats Studio Buds (smaller, no wing tip) with my Epix and it's all good, no issues. The ONLY time I notice any kind of skip or hiccup at all is if I hold my left hand (w the watch) down tightly against my body, or even perhaps behind my body a bit. But if I change the position and bring the Beats round front again, the space or skip is gone instantly..... Good luck!

• I have the same problem, just got my Epix2 this week. Audio cuts out every 5 to 10 seconds. Unusable. Tried switching wrist with no resolution. Anyone found a fix yet? 

• The exact same here with the Beats Fit Pro, which is annoying beyond belief. I have written a couple of posts in here on the subject - and a couple of Facebook posts - and a lot of people are  experiencing BT hiccups and disconnects on all kinds of BT headsets.

I am looking forward to Garmin commenting on the issue. I have read in several replies that a solution would be released mid may but the big firmware update did not solve the problem.

• No issues at all here with epix, running for 20K without any disconnects …

• I simply don’t understand why some people are experiencing hiccups and disconnects and some don’t - on the exact same hardware.

Very strange…

• I had no audio dropouts with a jabra 65T until the new firmware 8.18 arrived. Since then I have to wear the watch on my right wrist to enjoy the music.

Garmin must have reduced bluetooth signal's strength perhaps to save the battery, but this surely causes our dropouts.

• Another posts on the BT issues with lots of activity. A comment on the matter would be really nice.