Others with Audio dropouts using Beats Fit Pro’s and Epix 2?

Wearing my Epix 2 sapphire on the left hand.  Notice frequent audio dropouts over BT using my Beats Fit Pro’s during a run activity.  Switching to Mono makes no difference (although unsure if that should affect marginal BT performance).

Swapped over to my older Powerbeats BT headphones (this model is also BT, but each earpiece is wired to the other rather than being independent) and no issues at all.

Wondering if anyone else observing this.  

Have considered swapping the Epix to the Right hand, but would rather avoid that hassle in all honesty.

• This will be annoying mine are coming Friday. AirPods are fine.

• No issues with my Fit Pro’s. I am a pretty short guy so not sure if that matters

• My Fit Pros worked fine yesterday walking the dog.  It was the only time I have tried them so far. Watch on right wrist. 

• What happens actually with all the audio performance benefits like spatial audio and EQ ?

Do i loose all those playing from my epix watch? or do i benefit more on audio quality running with my iphone?

• I wouldn't call it frequent, but my Aftershokz will disconnect from my Epix 2 every 30-90 minutes during use. Other than that they work fine.

• Hello a quick question - are you able to customize the "click" controls on your Beats Fit Pro for your Garmin? Or are they fixed to the default (e.g., toggling between transparency and ANC when you long press)?

• I’ve not tried any customization yet.  Unsure if the controls are standard enough to be recognized, but will try and reply here.

One update.  On a recent run I decided to give it another shot with the beats fit pro’s, and had a better experience.  I was reading another thread complaining about poor audio quality with Spotify, and so I wondered if the bad dropouts I experienced initially might have been caused by that, and not BT audio dropouts as I originally assumed.  I was using Spotify at the time because Runcasts wasn’t yet working on the Epix,

On my most recent run, with Beats Fit Pro’s and Runcasts, I’d very occasionally experience some BT audio dropouts.  However, my impression is that they could be location related (e.g. while running next to specific homes).  I’m wondering if it’s interference triggered (strong wifi, etc)..  But, overall it was perfectly usable and I did not experience any disconnects on this run.  I would say that my Powerbeats seem less “marginal” than the Beats Fit Pro’s.

• OK.  So I configured the Beats Fit Pro’s, while connected to my iPad, to turn on Long Press for volume control (prior to this the long press was set to toggle noise cancellation/transparency).   I then disconnected (actually, made the iPad forget the headphones to avoid it stealing the connection back from the Epix while testing, which does happen in my experience if an iPad/iPhone also paired with the headphones is close by).  I then connected the Beats Fit Pro’s to the Epix while playing a Podcast using Runcasts.

- I was able to confirm that a short press of the left earphone would toggle pause/play.

- I was able to confirm that a long press of the left would decrease volume, and a long press of the right would increase volume.  

So, the headphones were able to use that long press customization while connected to the Epix.

Back to the BT connection stealing problem I’ve experienced.  While you should be able to avoid this by configuring the iOS BT settings for a pair of BT headphones to not connect automatically (to only connect “When Last Connected to this iPad/iPhone”) it seems to me you’d have to go out of your way to ensure another BT headphone set had connected previously to stop the connection being stolen from the Epix while on a run with your iPhone in your pocket.  So, rather than mess with that my approach is to either:

- Ensure the iPad/iPhone has forgotten the BT headphones I use with the Epix
      - Don’t run with the iPhone with me (not optima for me on longer runs away from my home neighborhood)
      - Turn off BT on the iPhone (not a bad option if you’d rather not deal with re-pairing the headphones when you do want to use them with the iOS device)

For me the first option seems less complicated.  I just dedicate a pair of BT headphones for running, and ensure my iOS devices are not paired with them.

• Super helpful. Thanks for confirming! On my Powerbeats I usually just open the case, try to connect to them on my forerunner 945 LTE, which works after a few tries. After that as long as I don’t start playing with my iOS devices it seems to hang on to the connection. Your method is probably much more reliable though.