This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unexpected Crash/Restart During an Activity

During activity the watch is making unexpected restarts. 
Using navigation feature I faced three times unexpected restarts during one activity. 
Sometimes it restarts also without navigation, but these are rare cases. 

I have always phone with me and the watch is connected to phone through BT.

Maybe this causing the restarts?

• I am sorry you have the issue. It is incredibly frustrating when an issue suddenly develops. If you have not yet master reset your watch, please still attempt the step. You can now backup most of your watch settings since the feature was just added in the last update in Quarter 3. (Software version 14.68 will be seen in your System > About menu.) 

There are crash/restart fixes seen in our current quarter 4 Beta phase for what will become the new official update arriving to your watch very soon. The update has the potential to resolve your issue but it will depend on the cause of your sudden issue.

I recommend testing the new quarter 4 official update once it gets released, If your restart issue continues, please reach out to Italy Product Support again and request warranty exchanging your watch.

• Hi, I’ve yet done master reset. And firmware release is 14.68. Sincerly I’ve not a lot of time to waste, temptating solutions or waiting for them. If new release will not be come very soon, and if it’d not solve the issue I’ll come back to Suunto (after replacing Fenix under warranty…) What’s happening must don’t exist for a product older tha  a couple of years, worth a little less than 1000€…..

• I agree with you in a perfect world, issues do not ever develop on a device. The best I can say to you is that our warranty exchange rate is well below industry standards when compared to our competitors. It is the key determining factor on the overall quality of our products and helps explain why we do so well along with our strong positive reputation. My sincere apologies your watch developed the issue.

• BTW: writing Italian Garmin Tech Supp they replied me

"Non ci risultano anomalie di nessun tipo su questo modello"

that means "There are no anomalies of any kind on this model"..........

Thanks

Fabrizio

• that means "There are no anomalies of any kind on this model"..........

Overall, their statement is true. If you could see what I see on our end, you would likely be surprised with how few customer reports are received worldwide through Product Support for a device issue that results in a warranty exchange or an exchange years later outside of the warranty while we still have a recertified/rebuilt inventory.

For your specific crashing/restarting issue, it will sometimes, not always, require an exchange of your watch. If there is no improvement after your watch receives the new 15.xx software update arriving very soon, you will need to exchange your Enduro 2 through Italy Product Support.

• Which Suunto watch did you have? I ask because my Suunto 9 crashed all the time and it’s been reported by a lot of Suunto users on their forum. I’ve been using Garmin for a about 2 years now and I’ve never experienced a crash or any kind of software problem. I personally think you have a problem unit and you should have it replaced as soon as possible. I hope you get things resolved.

• Hi. I have a Suunto 9 baro and yes...Garmin replaced my unit under warranty. I received it back yesterday so...I'll cross my fingers!

BTW: the only one S9 crash I think was caused by a 'strage' gpx file...the only one I used not 'produced' with Strava...

• Hi, can you please tell if you got a brand new watch as replacement, or a refurbished one? I have the same problem and Garmin offers me a used watch (refurbished), I guess I'll sue that.

• Refurbished (but they don't use whis word!!!). It appears rellay new, and it's working. No more the same problem

Italian TS technician told me that in his opinion the problem was on the temperature sensor (even if I was running at no more than 10°C...).

I got the 'new' one in less than a week

• Thank you very much for your answer. I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the "new" watch, I am personally not so satisfied with Garmin policy, I have bought after all a new watch and it was also not cheap:) so I demand as replacement a new one, it is not my fault, that the watch I received was faulty. My best wisches to you!