No way to repair/replace scratched saphire screen od MK2?

I was unfortunate enough to scratch the saphire screen on my Descent MK2 during the dive (probably with alluminium stage). It's no big deal, but still the scratch iritates me every time I look at the watch. I have contacted the official garmin service that does not repair or replace Descent glass. Aditionally I talked to a watchmaker that sad it would be to risky to try to fix the scratch due to the additional layer resting on saphire glass.

As it stands, I'll try to forget about the scratch (the dive was mech, so not even a great memmory when looking at the scratch). Any other suggestions?

In case I change the watch to MK3 in the future - would additonaly screen protection (like the one used on phones) make sense? And I would certainly buy a protector for the dives in the future.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Best!

• I used tempered glass and it took some substantial dents and scratches but protected screen, aesthetics are important but in particular if you want to sell it later or maybe avoid touch screen issues

• I was unfortunate enough to scratch the saphire screen on my Descent MK2 during the dive (probably with alluminium stage)

Aluminium cannot scratch a sapphire screen. The aluminium stage would have to be coated with diamonds. It is certainly just the glass coating (oleophobic or antireflective) that got the scratch. You can find a service able to remove the coating and make a new one. Google for the expression "AR coating repair" and similar. There are even some AR coating repair kits available, if you want to take the risk doing it yourself.

• Thanks! Tried with various watchmakers and also mobile phone restorers (in order to replace AR) - and nobody wants to touch Garmin. I just don't get it ... ?

• Probably because you spoke about the replacement of a sapphire glass (in plus on a diving watch), instead or just recoating it. Try AR coating repair services instead

• actually spoke about recoating or any other means of repairing the scratches. Honestly I don’t get it …at first it could be done but after mentioning it’s Garmin no one wants to touch it … :(

• Any substantial force can scratch sapphire, like a glancing strike, its harder to do with less hard materials but still possible esp diving with sand around

• A huge shock on a hard rock with rugged surface and sharp edges could lead to a scratch, but I do not believe that hitting an aluminium stage even with a big force would scratch sapphire. The glass would rather break, or develop some cracks, not scratches, if the force was too strong. In contrary, the coating gets scratched easily, and most of the scratches on sapphire glass you hear about here, are in fact scratches of the coating.

• I just got the same scratch and i know it was from an aluminium tank. (my friend put his tank into my wrist accidentally, and my Garmin was between my wrist nad his tank.)
    It is definitely the glass what is scratched, not the coating as my fingernail stick in the scratch. 

• Nether do I see any other possibility than aluminium tank, but it just makes no sense (saphire being way stronger than aluminium ...). Not happy, especcialy there is no way I can get it repaired ...

• I've been wreck diving, 5th dive with the watch, and my screen is scratched too so I feel your pain. I'm so gutted and trying to find a way to fix it and then protect it right after