No way to repair/replace scratched saphire screen od MK2?

I was unfortunate enough to scratch the saphire screen on my Descent MK2 during the dive (probably with alluminium stage). It's no big deal, but still the scratch iritates me every time I look at the watch. I have contacted the official garmin service that does not repair or replace Descent glass. Aditionally I talked to a watchmaker that sad it would be to risky to try to fix the scratch due to the additional layer resting on saphire glass.

As it stands, I'll try to forget about the scratch (the dive was mech, so not even a great memmory when looking at the scratch). Any other suggestions?

In case I change the watch to MK3 in the future - would additonaly screen protection (like the one used on phones) make sense? And I would certainly buy a protector for the dives in the future.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Best!

• Well it just did and it's freakin' annoying Sweat smile

• I have one good and one bad news. The best news is that it’s practically impossible to find anyone to repair the scratch. I’ve basically tried everything. The good news is that after 3 to 4 months, you stop paying attention to the scratch, and eventually get used to it. Nevertheless, this is very disappointing, at least, in my view. Best

• it’s practically impossible to find anyone to repair the scratch

In that case I suggest selling the watch, and buying a new one. I bet you can still sell it for a reasonable price even if you honestly admit the state of the glass. And possibly you'll lose less money, than the repair would cost if you'd find someone willing to do it. Additionally, you can buy the MK3 instead, which is a way better watch.

• Neh, I'll be using it as long as it works - hopefully for a long time. MK2 gives me truelly everything I need (even suport for multy gas), except it fails in accuracy with weight training (that I do a lot). So I would appreciate a new watch with the best Garmin HR senzor. Where MK3 with older HR senzor completely failed in my eyes.

• Where MK3 with older HR senzor completely failed in my eyes.

How did you come to the idea that MK3 has an older HR sensor that MK2? Rofl MK3 does have a newer HR sensor (Elevate generation 4) thank MK2 (Elevate gen 3), of course. MK3 is a incomparable in quality and feature-wise. If nothing else, then only the display and the buttons are worth of the upgrade.

• Oh you are so last year ... MK2 HR sensor is really horrible for weightlifting. However gen 5 ohr is way better, but it's lacking on MK3. Let me kindly enlighten you: https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/descent-mk3-series/351883/whats-the-reason-for-the-mk3-not-having-the-gen-5-ohr/1697812

• You wrote you want to keep MK2 because it works sufficiently, and because MK3 has an older sensor, which is not true. MK3 has a generation younger HR sensor than MK2. Gen 5 Elevation sensor is available only on the last models like the Pro variants of Fenix, Epix, etc. MK3 will be still way better than MK2, so if you are happy with MK2, you'll even happier with MK3.

• The problem with weightlifting is that it's very specific regarding HR measurements (as far as I know Apple Watch Ultra was best in class, however gen 5 (and only gen 5) was able to came close to it (also confirmed by my colleagues in the gim). If you really want to use Garmin for serious training (with weights), you are stuck with gen 5 (for instance my MK2 would show 120 BMP when I have 160 BMP marking all trainings as light, miscalculating recovery, etc. And gen 4 is not performing much better. 
    As MK2 really works great as a diving watch - I don't like AMOLED anyway (ok, additional LED light would prove usefull) I would be only triggerd by not better, but working HR sensor, which would enable me to use my Garmin also for weight lifting. Hope this makes sense ...

• Yes, I know all of that, but the topic of this thread is how to replace a scratched sapphire screen on MK2. If you really cannot stand the scratch, the only available solution is selling the watch to someone who does not care, and buying a new one. And if you are buying a new one, MK3 would be my first choice. The argument that it does not have Elevate 5 is completely mute in this aspect. Of course, if you prefer MK2, just buy another MK2 instead. 

• Just use a HRM chest strap. Nothing beat it's accuracy. I use it with mk2i, and the best part is that wit the pro, you can use it under your dry suit..