Open water swim - activity pauses and watch restarts

My Descent G1 repeatedly pauses the activity when doing open water swimming. Sometimes also the watch restarts during the activity (the triangle and Garmin logo is displayed and the actvity resumes after a little while). Anyone else experienced this. Is there a solution to the problem?

Have experienced the problem before and after updating to 8.64. 

• mine and my friends g1 solar and non solar shut off during a freshwater freedive (different days). the watch did not restart however, it just powered itself off.

it could be easily turned back on afterwards and was fully charged. sounds somewhat similar.

• My Descent G1 just did tthat resetting (triangle+Garmin label) every 1-3 minutes after update. Having still warranty and vacation in a few weeks with diving ahead, I sent it back to seller for replacement fearing hardware issues. 

• perfect. then i'm not alone, I'm using Descent G1 non solar model.. it just pause, I remember i purposely check the setting the auto-pause is off, and after the swim i have to check again auto pause, and obvious it is still off...

The watch paused just 122m into the swim. I contacted Garmin local shop and the tech department ask me to send back and process time can take up to 6 weeks which is unacceptable..i believe no one would want to wait that long with no watch on hand especially the watch is only 1 month into use...

• I had the same issue just while swimming. My indoor swim activity stopped, garmin logo displayed. I had to restart a new activity afterwards.. 

• Similar experience from a g1 solar,  on two occurrences.
    The first one upon a boat entry into freshwater (Watch restarted ) pre 8.64 version after the restart had no problem logging 2 freedives.
    The second time was on saltwater entry from shore(Watch shutdown) 8.64 version, after powering up was ok.

In both cases, the environment and water temperature differences were a bit more than 10 degrees Celcius.
    Not sure if that has an impact or if it's a random fact, as I couldn't manage to reproduce the issue in other cases. 

being quite skeptical about the watch as next month I will be using it for scuba diving.

• Interestingly, same issue here (non solar version tho), shutdown when freediving, reaching ~19m with quite a temperature gap (pre 8.64 version, clear water) and last dive (ocean) after boat entry for scuba diving (as you mentioned, huge temperature difference), version 8.65.

Everything was fine after powering back the device, but it definitely does not bring much trust into it!

• Similar problem with a g1 solar.

It self restarted while entering the water at the beach. The outside temperature was about 30 Celsius degrees and the water temperature about 15.

It shutdown and restarted inmediatly but after restart it was about 10 minutes late...

Still on the 4.62 software version the watch originally had.

• For me it was similar temperature in air and water, around 20-24 C.

• Came out from a swim in the pool and the watch shutdown and restarted. I've lost the data of the swim which is not a major deal for me, but i wonder if the same happens while I'm down there diving?
    This should be a major concern since the device is made specifically for divers and can lead to serious health issues in the worst cases.

Running the older 6.19 APAC version.

• Read the previous comments, it seems happen to free dives..and dive..