This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Montana 700i keeps turning off

I have a Montana 700i, actually it's my third unit and second cradle. Just after I bought my new 700i I found that it would randomly turn off. Sometimes this happens after a few hours, other times less than 30 mins. The other day it turned off twice in 30 mins. I have to press and hold the power button to turn it back on. When it restarts it just picks up where it left off. The unit has spent all of it's time so far in the car cradle in the car with the USB cable plugged into the 12v socket adaptor. 

The dealer has done all they could by replacing 2 units and the cradle so I've contacted Garmin AU, but that has been a frustrating process and I haven't gotten anywhere except to learn that someone else in Australia has the same fault.

Anyone else got the same issue ?

• Hello Leslie, do you know, if this will be a software update or the device needs to be exchanged?

• It should be a software update. 

• Same for my 700i. Still checking for loose wiring. On the 650T the problem seemed to be which combination of maps I had running.

• Hello I have the same issue on my Montana 700i; i dont understand when Garmin will fix this problem, the problem have been reported since 1 year ago, many times for many users and the issue have no been fixed yet. When the Monatna 700i shutt of you lost the track during the time the devive remanin off until you tunr on it again, I have bought 2 Montana 700i to use on my Big Trail Motorcycle KTM. Both  Montana are mounted in Motorcycle/ATV Mount Kit. But I also have the same problem when I use the Montana 700i in my Car using Suction Cup Mount with Speaker

I spent almost $ 1.500 dollars, If Garmin is not taking care about this problem, please let us know to return it it and get a refund

My 2 Montana have the latest firmware 13.20 (46dba15)

This issue has 11644 reviews, What are Garmin waitng for to fix this problem????

My last Montana 680 neve had this issue

Andres Eguiguren

• You will not a refund - or any other kind of action - by complaining here. If you want action, open a support ticked.

• Hello TWolpert.

I undesrtand this is a Forum and not the place to make a return or aks for a refund

. The matter is many users have been reporting the same problem since many time ago and there is no solution about this isue and many user have tried to contact Garmin Support without positive result.

Could you help us what can we do?

Regards

Andres

• We are still working on this. 

We're very sorry to hear your Montana is shutting off randomly when inserted in your powered mount.

We're currently working on a solution for the device itself and hope to have these available soon, we sincerely appreciate your patience.

In the meantime, rather than using the mount to provide power to the Montana, you can plug in the microUSB cable from your vehicle to the Montana instead, which should hopefully prevent this issue temporarily.

• I’m on my second 700i and rugged mount cradle. It also shuts off randomly as I’ve previously described. It will randomly shut off in the mount or powered through USB. With both units the shut down is not confined to cradle mount only, but also USB. 

• I have a repeat customer in New Zealand looking to buy a Montana.  If he goes ahead and gets one (it would be supplied by Garmin Australasia) will it be included in the recall / replacement / repair programme?  Thank you.