Cannot see my map in configure maps on my Montana 750i.

I have a TOPO Great Britain PRO 1:25k installed via micro SD card.

Whilst maps appear on BaseCamp, they do not appear as option in configure maps on unit?

Any advice?

Thanks 

• If Garmin were honest there would be no need to recommend anything.
    What they do with this kind of thing is a scam.

• I agree, clearly there are issues and they are denying all knowledge of them. I can’t imagine that’s good for repeat business or long term success. 

• Hi , I'm still waiting to receive the GarminDevice.XML file I requested you send so we can investigate this issue. Please check and if you haven't received the email I sent you, please let me know. It's not clear if the issue you're reporting is the same as what the OP posted so we would like to get the XML file from you so we can investigate. 

If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, please send me a PM as I'll need to have you send in the GarminDevice.XML file so we can investigate. 

• Hello

Mail sent, please let me know if you require anything further.

Thanks and kind regards

Chod 

• **Update**

Nothing to report really, I was passed onto a technical advisor who suggested we try a few things over the course of 8 or so mails I’m now no further on and no closer to a solution.

mails have now stopped since they cannot seem to be able to fix the problem.

it does appear to be unrelated to this issue you are all experiencing here, so in conclusion we don’t just have a known clash between city navigator being the dominant map we also have another issue, whereby it won’t recognise older cards! Could it be a ploy for you to part with more money? 

surely a primary function of a map enabled GPS is to read map cards? So I ask the question is it fit for purpose? Any one else having similar issues managed to find a solution. 

• RE: Cannot load Topo Pro 1:25 and City Navigator maps together on Garmin Montana 700: I was pleased to get one of the first 700s in the UK when 'GPS Training' were issued with the first batch exclusively weeks ahead of all other stockists. I have suffered exactly this issue from day 1. Drove me to distraction when I couldn't get Topo Pro 1:25 maps and my City Navigator to both load together, I could only get one or the other. I spent days on chat support etc etc. Eventually Garmin admitted to me that there is an issue and refunded me for both the Topo and CN maps. I am a keen hiker (just done the Coast to Coast) and motorcyclist. When I got the 700 I immediately put my Zumo on Ebay to offset some of the cost. This was because I thought the new 700 would do both jobs. Putting it mildly I'm extremely disappointed. You say that Garmin are now saying wait until next year and purchase new OS maps when they are released? That is outrageous customer service. All who have raised tickets on this issue should get a substantial discount when this is available next year if that is the only answer to the problem. 

• I also have this problem.

I am using a FAT32 formatted SD card and put the IMG file over to it. The Montana does not see the map file in 'Configure'. If I put the IMG file into the Garmin folder on the GPS the device sees the file but if I select the map file the GPS / Montana crashes - switches off.

Firmware version 8.4 I think - latest as of May 2021.

• I installed maps from PC to a new Montana 700i using Basecamp 4.7.4 (latest at time of writing) and Firmware10.8 (also latest, this was what was installed on it when I got it). 

Maps do not show up in Menu, Map Setup, Configure Maps.  In looking at my old Montana 600 I see the folder structure and naming is different from what was created on the card in the 700i so I moved the map files into a subfolder named Garmin and added the .img file extension.  Originally they were on the root of the drive with no file extension.  This corrected the issue for me and now I can view the maps on my 700i. Unsurprisingly they are still not selectable from the handier "map layers" icon on the map itself, but I can live with this.

I'm adding this response because though it's a 700i (not a 750i) this is the thread I got when I searched this issue.

• Thank you for the update! 

This is a now a known bug with MapInstall placing the map in the wrong directory without correct file extension due to an issue with the GarminDevice.xml file on the Montana 7x0!

• Hi mate,  I've just purchased the New montana 700 and have tried taking the Micro sd card from my old 600 montana but its not showing the UK OS 1:25k maps on the screen, The card works perfectly well in the only 600 did you find a solution to this please