Cannot see my map in configure maps on my Montana 750i.

I have a TOPO Great Britain PRO 1:25k installed via micro SD card.

Whilst maps appear on BaseCamp, they do not appear as option in configure maps on unit?

Any advice?

Thanks 

• Did @Garmin-Andrew ever get back to you with the ticket number? 

• Hi Biskit, are you Uk based? If so call the  number I spoke to Will, he didn’t  help me and just told me to buy new map cards. 

I called after a mailed and waited over a week for a reply to which nothing materialised so I called them. 

it seems if they don’t have an answer they just ignore it and hope it goes away. 

• Hi , I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. I have sent you a  PM so I can confirm some account details in order to investigate the issue. 

• Hello, sorry for the delay. Please reply to the PM I sent you and I'll get you added to the ticket.

• Hi Andrew, I have replied to your PM so you have my email address as requested.

thanks

john

• Hi, following on from all posts, I too have the Montana 700 which would read the Garmin O/S 1:25K TOPO Pro from the SD card until I purchased and downloaded City Nav Europe from Garmin to internal memory. I then couldn’t access the OS maps and couldn’t remove the CN Europe maps via Express or Basecamp. Only option was to delete CN Europe maps manually via Windows and once removed and rebooted could once again access OS maps.

I have managed to recover the cost of CN Europe maps from Garmin UK and I understand both CN Europe and OS TOPO 1:25k maps have been given same map ID which means they can’t coexist on same device.

i feel totally ripped off by Garmin as they have offered no resolution to this issue and I paid for a sub standard product! I understand the only fix is to be a new OS TOPO Pro card at £350 when it gets updated next year!

That leaves me with an SD card which I purchased less than a year ago at £350 which is potentially useless to me going forward if I want to use the device both in car and whilst hiking.

Shocking customer support / service! It’s just a way to fleece the customer of another £350 

• I totally agree. Why would Garmin make that is beyond me. I too was advised to buy another version of TOPO PRO 1:25K GB, which means a considerable expense of yet another 350 GBP. I would perhaps understand a relatively small fee for an update of my TOPO PRO maps (which btw. I bought directly from Garmin) to a newer version but paying another 350 GBP is a joke. Appalling customer service Garmin.  

• It seems I have come across another dissatisfied consumer, who is also frustrated at not being able to use an older map card in his very expensive new garmin unit. 

I had a discussion with him last night and he too is frustrated that it was not advertised as such that old cards are not compatible with new devices. And to top it off the information from Will @ Garmin Uk about cards being locked to the first device they are used in is also not true.

has anyone spoken to any of the outdoor mags such as trail, I think they need to be aware of this glitch if they come to review this kit. 

I have some contacts at Baur media il drop them a line to see if this is something covered in any of their titles. 

I have also posted on multiple walking groups on face book to see if any others are having the same issues 

• Changing the FID of a map is very simple. Have you tried it?

• To be honest, although I admit that's how I fixed a similar issue with mapID collision on a different Garmin model, this is not a solution that should be advised to anyone, rather a workaround. Garmin need to finally admit there's something seriously wrong with quality check and fix the problem. Period.