Cannot see my map in configure maps on my Montana 750i.

I have a TOPO Great Britain PRO 1:25k installed via micro SD card.

Whilst maps appear on BaseCamp, they do not appear as option in configure maps on unit?

Any advice?

Thanks 

• The issue is entirely within the Montana 7x0 firmware.....

I also have 32GB and 64GB microSD cards that work flawlessly in older 'Outdoor Recreation' products but fail to be read properly by the Montana 7x0....

• Hi Randy, I have sent you a PM to confirm some details so I can add you to the Support Ticket we have open for this.

• I too now have the same issue on my Montana 700. Mt OS Pro 1:25k 1:50k was working fine with the Topo Active Maps until I bought and installed City Nav from Garmin and now it doesn't appear. Garmin must fix this.... Incidentally, tried to de-install CN via Garmin Express but it's not showing up although Basecamp can see it etc.

• Hi Andrew, would you advise ticket no as I have similar problem on 700 with CN Europe maps I downloaded to internal memory and this stopped ability to see OS 1:25k maps or switch them on / off. Trying to raise ticket myself but they want more info

Thanks

• Have you had any contact from Garmin?

Indeed this does need a quick fix. I’m having this same problem with my 700i. It’s useless to me until the Ordnance Survey / Garmin TOPO GB 1:25k not showing problem is fixed. I should have kept my old 680 a bit longer, because there was no point in taking the 700i on a recent hiking holiday even though I’ve owned it nearly a month.

• Also having problems with Backroad Mapbooks  British Columbia. Montana 700. Map installed to basecamp, is on the SDcard that i can see in list at the left in basecamp and can view it while card is installed into the unit. But unable to view on the unit. Going to try BRMB installer to install right onto the internal storage on my unit.

• If you look through these forums, you will see many devices are having issues reading data from MicroSD cards right now, and the only fix is to wait for the next firmware update for your device. Or, you can move the maps to internal memory until then.

• Hello Andrew, 

sorry to hijack the post I have a Montana 700 and an old garmin map card I am told my old map card because it was used in a device previously (Oregon 600) its now locked to it and will now not work in my new Montana, is this the same issue as outlined in this post or am I experiencing something different again. 

I contacted Garmin UK and the advice from Will  was buy a new map card. Not really what I wanted to hear as, I’ve already paid for and own the map why would I pay for it twice? 

I am on the brink of returning the unit. 

• How did you get on with it? I am having similar issues with my 1:50k card can see it on base camp but not on my Montana 700. Card was genuine Garmin OS. Called garmin UK and advised mw

to buy new map cards! 

• If that is a pre-loaded Garmin map microSD card, the map is locked to the card, and should work in any device.

Your issue is likely related to the firmware in your Montana GPSr, and will likely be soon resolved with a new firmware release.

Do you have any other Garmin GPSr to test the Map card in?