Cannot see my map in configure maps on my Montana 750i.

I have a TOPO Great Britain PRO 1:25k installed via micro SD card.

Whilst maps appear on BaseCamp, they do not appear as option in configure maps on unit?

Any advice?

Thanks 

• It was formatted to FAT32 before inserting it in the 700i. Garmin Express recognized it and copied Topo Southwest 24K to it. Basecamp recognized it and I could select and display the Topo download and scroll around on it. This led me to believe the microSD was OK

• Mel,

I took the microSD that the 700i wouldn't recognize and reformatted it. I created a Garmin folder and put a free AZ Topo Map in it. The 700i still doesn't see it. I repeated the procedure with another SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB microSD. The 700i can't see that card either.

I put both of those microSD's in my Garmin Montana 680t and they both work fine as I can choose the AZ Topo in the Select Maps list.

• , thank you! I believe we have reproduced the issue. My colleague has a Mac, which he used to reformat a micro SD card. He then installed a map, which was not listed on the Configure Maps page. Meanwhile I used my PC to install the same map to a different SD card, and the map does show in Configure Maps for me.

I believe the Montana may have an issue reading SD cards that are reformatted on Mac. I have opened a bug report ticket for this and asked the engineers to investigate.

• Yet another reason to add a PC to my arsenal! Though they've worked OK on Map62st and Montana 680t all these years. Thanks for your attention to these issues. Now if I can just get an AMPS powered mount life will be complete!

• I spent all day with various micro SD cards to display my Topo 24K Southwest maps on my Montana 750i.  I've been playing around with 64GB and 32GB cards (even an old 8GB I had laying around).  All formatted to FAT32.  Only cards that work are 32GB and lower capacity.  Funny thing is, I've used 64GB cards formatted to FAT32 in a handful of other Garmin devices and they all work (as long as they are FAT32 and the map tiles are not too many).  Just to prove I wasn't going insane, I took the same card that didn't work for the Montana and put it in my Nuvi 3597 and it displayed the Southwest Topo maps perfectly.  Put it back in the Montana - nothing.  Put the 32GB card with the exact same files on it back in the Montana and it works perfectly too.  Is there a definite cap at 32 GB for this new Montana 700 series?

(all formatting done on Win 10)

• Hi ,

Yes, the maximum size SD card for the Montana 700 series is 32 GB. This is also listed on the specs for the product on our website.

Other Garmin devices may have different behavior, but on the Montana, yes, 32 GB is the max size.

Thanks,
    Mel
    Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team

• Yes. Technically, all current Garmin Outdoor Recreation GPSr are limited to 32GB.

• I've read the charts too - they mean nothing, especially when it comes to max microSD card size.  I have been able to exceed all my other Garmin GPS published "technical" external storage card limits with no problems as long as they are in FAT32.  This 750i is the only one that's giving me troubles.

• Also my Sandisk 32 GB SD card, not fully recognized on the "Configure Maps" page of my GPSMAP 66s, was reformatted on a Mac (FAT 32). But strangely enough only the four US Topo maps transferred with Map Install  didn't show up, other .img maps transferred simply by drag and drop worked without any problem.

• Andrew, I believe I talked to you on the phone, perhaps, last Tuesday. My problem was also getting the 700i to recognize the downloaded purchased map, cycle usa maps in this case. They downloaded fine to the sd card, on both a mac and windows machine.  I could see the files in the directory garmin. I tried preformatting the cards using the mac and the program "sd card formatter", (available on both eh mac and windows). The first sd card I tried was a samsung 32gb ultra hci 10 card. I then bought  5 sd cards, brand tested by garmin, sandisk ultra hci 10. I used express on both the mac and windows,. again all the maps were seen by basecamp and useable. but were not recognized by the 700i. I used express to load the maps on the sd cards both on windows and the mac. The 700i was connected with the sd card in the 700i.

well determined as I am I ordered a class 4 sandisk card, I was certain it would work. It was hard to find one on amazon and one that was not a bulk pack, but i did. I was certain this would work, and again seemed to load fine, did it on windows and a mac. Again, not recognized by the 700i.

As you are aware, the preloaded garmin maps on an sd card do work, but are on a 16gb card with not much room left. Not certain I can load additional maps on this card?

Also these cards all work on my old gpsmap 62 stc with no problems, and 64gb cards work on it as well.

Big guess here but I think it is not the cards, but rather the map data, or firmware/software on the 700i.

I hope this gets solved as I am really liking the 700i.

Take care, Randy