Anyone try the "double tap green to mark hole location" feature in new beta?

Beta 16.10 added this:

"Added the ability to double-tap the screen in golf green view to mark your current position as the hole location, if you are standing on the green."

Anyone try this yet?

• There's a Beta 16.10 for S70?
    Better luck posting in the Fenix forum...

• Yeah sorry my bad.  I meant to post this in the Epix forum.  Anyway, something to look forward to for S70 owners assuming it’s part of the eventual S70 update.

• Any golf related beta feature discussions are available through: https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/fenix-7-series/f/community-discussion 

The Approach S70 model options are not a part of the Beta Software opt-in program at this time, but we will notify users if that changes at some point in the future. 

Any new versions of official full releases of software to the Approach S70 will express the update carryover in the changelog posted on the main S70 discussion threads here: https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/golf/f/approach-s70

• The update  came about 20hours ago to the S70...Will be happy to report as soon as I can try

• Version 16.55 is currently being rolled out to Approach S70 users. This contains many new improvements, which can be referenced from the change log page here in forums linked below for reference if needed: 

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/golf/f/approach-s70/364143/approach-s70-system-software-16-55

• So I tried this new feature yesterday...Not really convinced yet

To update the pin position, or record a putt (by pressing the action button),you still need to go to Green view (can't be done from main screen).
    So there's a lot a fiddling with the watch on the green when usually, you are more concentrating on your and your partners putt.

Forgot to record the putt, went back to putt position or made mistake and press twice (I think you have a couple second to suppress but I did not test), a lot of trouble work for troubleshooting.

So in the end, this feature makes you busy on the Green playing with the watch, and for what outcome? Can't find any stat related to putting so far.

So yep, not convinced yet as I wish that all the work involved in recording the putt could be of significance somewhat.
    May be there's a simpler way to do all those Flap position update / putt recording straight from main screen?

• This is good feedback regarding the new feature, and I have passed this on to our quality and engineering team for further discussions on the new putt/hole location marking feature. 

I encourage others as they try the new putt and hole marking features on the 16.55 update to express any and all feedback by commenting to this post or other related discussion threads regarding their experience or thoughts on the new feature. 

Thank you! 

• Cody, 

any chance Garmin will release a video guide on green operation of the S70, I think I follow you...

so while on the green i go to the green view, double tap screen move the flag to the desired spot then hit the action key, this will lock in the flag position?

then while im about to or just after i hit the putt, I hit the action key again logging a shot.

then i move to the next spot and so on hitting the action key to register a shot?

• There is currently no web content on the moment to link to our support center page and Garmin is in the process of determining more information and further resources on the new putt and hole location marking features newly implemented in version 16.55. 

We have found it is best to mark the location of the hole prior to stepping onto the green > Then once physically located on the green, mark the locations through the Green View menu as your ball location changes while putting on the green. 

I will provide more info as it becomes available regarding the feature, and I would encourage others to post any questions or requests for information on the feature here in forums and I will submit the feedback direct to our team as well. 

Thank you. 

• Agree with the comment to update the pin/flag position before approaching the Green.

Would be nice for the watch to switch automatically to Green View once on the green, so that we only have to trigger the action key to record the put (which can be done without having to look at the screen to change menu).