shots not detected by the watch. Please, GARMIN, update software urgently

Hello,

A lot of my shots are not detected by the watch, specially when using wedges around the green or when I lose the farway and I need to hit the ball soflty to come back.

It is very annoying that this happen in a watch that cost more than 400 euros but in my opinion is unforgivable that the watch does not include an option to register manually all this shots that are missed.

Is very easy to fix this tremendous mistake just updating the software an including the option.

I hope that someone of Garmin Team read my post.

Thanks
  • Same here: We need to do more pressure on garmin to fix this thing asap. Too many people are asking for this, why is there no update?

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-the-trail/golf/approach-s60/1377330-autoshot-missed-shots-and-penalty-shots
  • Same here.. Would be really really helpful..

Currently, if the watch doesn't detect the shot I try to "fake" another shot from the same location. Freeze your hands for a few seconds and then hit the club hard into the ground.. Gives Ok-ish results but damages the fairway significantly.. Not recommended close to the green or on the fringe where undetected chips/shots occur most often...
  • odd... i dont have this problem. have you guys tried the tempo app on the s60? maybe see if its also having an issue measuring your tempo? there are some settings on the s60 like what arm you wear it on, etc. that might need some "calibration".
  • odd... i dont have this problem. have you guys tried the tempo app on the s60? maybe see if its also having an issue measuring your tempo? there are some settings on the s60 like what arm you wear it on, etc. that might need some "calibration".

Hello.

Ofcourse I have configured The s60 before writing my first post.

The problem exits, it is There and still Will be if garmin does not update The software of The watch yo fix it.

• I am also experiencing the same issues. A lot if my drives are not picked up at all .And further more it adds shots that I haven't even taken. Its not that this impacts my game but these features are heavily promoted by Garmin. I have had yardage issues as well(which does impact my game) and basically was told to file an error report which fixed nothing.Large companies seem to be able to get away with what could almost be considered fraud. Very difficult to return these devices once purchased .I would be reluctant to purchase anything else manufactured by Garmin .
  • In my case I started to use CT10 and it helps to record shots next to the green and putts as well.
  • guess i have been pretty lucky, it rarely misses shots for me. maybe 1 or 2 per round at the most.

i do notice that usually when it does miss a shot its usually on the ones where i dont get a divot or i hit it as "pure" as i can for someone of my level.

i'd say 1 out of every 15 drives it will not detect the shot and maybe 1 out of every 30 irons and wedges.

i had a problem recently where i was traveling and playing golf in mexico and one of the courses was not updated correctly in garmin and the shot tracking was completely off. it kept thinking all my shots were drives because the map didnt match what i was playing.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Presently, if the watch doesn't identify the shot I endeavor to "counterfeit" another shot from a similar area. Stop your hands for a couple of best golf club of money moments and afterward hit the club hard into the ground.. Gives Ok-ish results yet harms the fairway altogether.. Not prescribed near the green or on the periphery where undetected chips/shots happen regularly.
  • Have Garmin made any attempt to rectify this problem? Ppl have been complaining about it for years, apparently!
    I'd like to add my sentiments that there's got to be a way of manually adding shots.
    (Please don't point me towards the feature suggestion page as I know they're ignoring that.)

Brutus
  • As an interesting exercise, I wrote my own swing detection app using Connect IQ for my Fenix 5+ using the built in accelerometer data. Using this data is almost certainly how the built in functionality works, although they definitely have access to features of the hardware I don't in CIQ. Turns out it is extremely hard to do this reliably. For the longer clubs, it's not too hard. But for the short/light swings like chipping or putting, it is really really hard to separate out swing data from other just walking and movement type data. And they really don't want false positives, detecting swings that didn't actually happen. I'm sure they are always refining the algorithm but I doubt it will ever be perfect.

For me, using Garmin's app, I get over 95% accuracy for hits longer than a chip.