shots not detected by the watch. Please, GARMIN, update software urgently

Hello,

A lot of my shots are not detected by the watch, specially when using wedges around the green or when I lose the farway and I need to hit the ball soflty to come back.

It is very annoying that this happen in a watch that cost more than 400 euros but in my opinion is unforgivable that the watch does not include an option to register manually all this shots that are missed.

Is very easy to fix this tremendous mistake just updating the software an including the option.

I hope that someone of Garmin Team read my post.

Thanks
Parents
  • As an interesting exercise, I wrote my own swing detection app using Connect IQ for my Fenix 5+ using the built in accelerometer data. Using this data is almost certainly how the built in functionality works, although they definitely have access to features of the hardware I don't in CIQ. Turns out it is extremely hard to do this reliably. For the longer clubs, it's not too hard. But for the short/light swings like chipping or putting, it is really really hard to separate out swing data from other just walking and movement type data. And they really don't want false positives, detecting swings that didn't actually happen. I'm sure they are always refining the algorithm but I doubt it will ever be perfect.

For me, using Garmin's app, I get over 95% accuracy for hits longer than a chip.
  • As an interesting exercise, I wrote my own swing detection app using Connect IQ for my Fenix 5+ using the built in accelerometer data. Using this data is almost certainly how the built in functionality works, although they definitely have access to features of the hardware I don't in CIQ. Turns out it is extremely hard to do this reliably. For the longer clubs, it's not too hard. But for the short/light swings like chipping or putting, it is really really hard to separate out swing data from other just walking and movement type data. And they really don't want false positives, detecting swings that didn't actually happen. I'm sure they are always refining the algorithm but I doubt it will ever be perfect.

For me, using Garmin's app, I get over 95% accuracy for hits longer than a chip.
Children
No Data