Garmin R10 keeps going into standby mode but doesn't wake up

I have been using my Garmin R10 with GSPro for over 3 months with no issues. It works great with the open API software until about 2 weeks ago. I can get the garmin to connect to my phone, I can get it to connect in the E60 app, and the Open API shows connected to GSPro and the GarminR10. When I send a test shot from the Open API software it shows a shot being made in GSPro so I have eliminated any issues with GSPro or open API. 

The R10 will be flashing green as it's supposed to but when I try to take a shot it goes from solid red directly into standby mode (blinking white) and does not show the standard "wake up" option. I have tried tapping the power button which will make it green again but then the exact same thing happens. I have cycled it on and off, held the power button down until it goes to solid blue, then solid green, but still has the same problem. 

I even tried using the Garmin Golf driving range software and am getting the exact same problem. Any advice as I have tried absolutely everything!

Thanks, 

• I checked out the reviews for Garmin Golf on the app page, and many of the One star reviews were also because it stopped working in the App about 3 weeks ago. And there are a ton of one star's in there. So this is obviously an issue. My question is, if i get Awesome golf so i don't have to use this software, but because awesome golf uses this software would this make it so awesome golf would not work too?

• If you have a different phone I would give that a try. Switching from my Pixel 4XL to Samsung A50 made it go from inoperable to working perfectly. It's the software not working on certain android phones, so using Awesome Golf would not fix that. Good luck and I would recommend calling the support line for more detailed information, they were excellent when I called yesterday.

• ugg, so if the Garmin software is required to use awesome golf, then it doesn't matter how amazing awesome golf is, the Garmin software is the weak point in the chain and the whole thing fails. I just picked this up a couple days ago, and really starting to see that you get what you pay for with Garmin, and trying to decide if it might be best to just pull out completely and go with skytrak. I keep trying to find a reason to salvage and keep this thing, but at every turn i run into more buggyness.

• Yup you nailed it. When it works it's well worth the money but this recent issue with the app update is extremely frustrating. I was close to teeing up the R10 I was so frustrated. 

• Not allowed to paste any link here, but if You google Garmin Golf APK You should be able to find sites outside of Google Play that allows You to download older versions of the app.

So then You actually can change to an earlier version of the app.

Regarding GSPro, why don't You use the direct connection in order to skip the Garmin Golf App altogether?

• how do you set the garmin r10 up with GSPro, per the gspro webpage it is not compatible. but if i could bypass the garmin software and go directly to my laptop that would be fantastic?

• so I found the web page showing how GSPro works with a community driven API, which is totally cool, but it appears it still uses Garmin Golf App, to connect to your computer. So if the Garmin Golf App is junk and provides no data, then it's still not going to work.

Basically it looks like i have no choice but to buy an iPad or something to get away from android as the Garmin basically doesn't support Android even though they say they do, but all the other launch monitors are the same, so it looks like an iPad is a good investment either way. Its rough cause i have a sweet gaming laptop i can use, i just need to get the data to it. 

• Yeah I had to buy a gaming laptop to run GSPro on the highest settings as my regular computer couldn't handle it. I use the open API software and connect through the garmin golf app. As long as the garmin golf app is working, it works perfectly with the open API software. 

• by working, what does that mean though, cause the home tee hero works just fine, but the range doesn't work at all, like how do i know its working the way it needs to work to work?

• For me it would go red on my first backswing or if I waved my hand in front of it. Then it would immediately go into sleep mode with no option to wake it up. I didn't test with home tee hero, just the driving range so can't comment on that.