Garmin R10 keeps going into standby mode but doesn't wake up

I have been using my Garmin R10 with GSPro for over 3 months with no issues. It works great with the open API software until about 2 weeks ago. I can get the garmin to connect to my phone, I can get it to connect in the E60 app, and the Open API shows connected to GSPro and the GarminR10. When I send a test shot from the Open API software it shows a shot being made in GSPro so I have eliminated any issues with GSPro or open API. 

The R10 will be flashing green as it's supposed to but when I try to take a shot it goes from solid red directly into standby mode (blinking white) and does not show the standard "wake up" option. I have tried tapping the power button which will make it green again but then the exact same thing happens. I have cycled it on and off, held the power button down until it goes to solid blue, then solid green, but still has the same problem. 

I even tried using the Garmin Golf driving range software and am getting the exact same problem. Any advice as I have tried absolutely everything!

Thanks, 

• same issue here, there are other related threads. I just picked it up, so this is my very first experience with this highly rated piece of garbage. its like i do my research, but Garmin must pay the reviewers.

• I called into the support line and got it figured out. They did an update to the phone app and for certain models it doesn't work. I was using a Google Pixel 4xl and it wasn't working, switch to an old Samsung phone and it works perfectly. If you have a different phone you could try that could solve the problem. When it works it's awesome but the frustration when it doesn't made me want to smash it with my 4 iron. 

• Running a google pixel 6a. Overall it seems to not like android. Like apparently the free e6 courses only work with IOS. Seems like they should call that out on their page. Seems strange it uses the old usb standard and it doesn't work on new phones, seems like this is just a money grab by Garmin and all the hype about continued support is all BS. I have an old tab s4, might try that. But seems strange i have to use old tech to get this supposedly, new tech device to work. 

• and it doesn't support tab s4, so it looks like it only supports older phones, this is such an amazing product. sarcasm.

• If you are experiencing concerns with the the R10 going into Standby mode using Home Tee Hero, Driving range, e6 Connect, Awesome Golf, or TGC 2019, please ensure the following:

• Verify the latest version of the Garmin Golf app 2.12.5 for (AndroidOS) ...and version 2.12.2 (iOS) is installed on your smartphone by checking the Google Play Store, or iOS app store for an update to the app. (Versions as of May 18, 2023). 
    • Ensure software version 4.30 is installed to the Approach R10 (v. 4.30 current version as of May 19th, 2023). 

Those experiencing any concerns with Standby Mode resulting in the "R10 Wake Up" prompt that are using the R10 for one of the support platforms above, please comment in this post thread, and I will reach out directly for more information. 

• GSPro is currently not supported by Garmin. None of the past, or new versions of the Garmin Golf app release reflect any changes/updates for GSPro use at this time. 

Garmin has reviewed user feedback for our customers wanting GSPro as a supported platform, and any additional information regarding the use of GSPro with the R10 will be communicated if/when any potential changes occur with the use of the R10 and GSPro. 

None of the updates to the Garmin Golf app have affected smartphone compatibility per the minimum device requirements we outline for the Garmin Golf app. Device requirements for the Garmin Support page referenceable in the link below: 

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Ui793cFIpK7ziu8bEPNhR9&productID=590068&searchQuery=compatibility%20&tab=topics

• I know it's not a supported but that's not the issue here. It's the fact that your app is not working on a lot of different Android phones since the recent update 3 weeks ago. This was confirmed by your support team when I called in yesterday. Let's focus on why my Google PIxel 4XL doesn't work anymore, when using the Garmin Golf App yet my old Samsung Galaxy A50 works just fine (driving range, home tee hero, E6 Connect). I don't need any help from Garmin with GSPro so let's not worry about that. I need Garmin to support their own app on all Android devices and fix their recent update. I am not the only one extremely frustrated that I can't use my Android device from the recent update. 

• Please refer to verified response at the top of the thread, which addresses the initial concern if you are experiencing the issue while using Home Tee Hero, or driving range features. 

• Cody, I verified all those things and its not working on my pixel 6a. It looks like the issue is with Google Pixel phones. The Home Tee Hero works just fine, but the Driving Range does not work at all. If the Home Tee Hero is working, then obviously everything is up to date, which means its 100% a software bug with the Garmin software. 

• I called into support and they confirmed the latest update to the app rendered some Android phones inoperable. They were extremely knowledgeable and helpful, Cody not so much.