Cannot connect R10 to Garmin Express for 4.3 update

I am having issues getting Garmin Express on my PC to recognize my Garmin R10 when I plug it in.

Note that Garmin Express updated when I opened it to the latest version. 

Initially I saw my device listed in Garmin Express and it indicated that an update was available.  It indicated that I had v4.0 and v4.3 is available.  Perfect! So I clicked install.  And then a window popped up telling me to plug in device and it couldn't find the device which was connected via usb.  Tried many times with no success.

So I decided to try remove my device and re-add the device.  No luck. Garmin Express keeps searching for device but cannot find it and tells me to plug it in.  

I uninstalled and reinstalled Garmin express and still no luck.

I tried it on another Windows laptop and same result.

Note that the R10 is on, and it has a blinking blue light.  I tried to see if it would make a difference if I was connected to my iphone, but this didnt help either.  

• I had the same issue, I went and found the Garmin supplied cable and the computer recognized it instantly.

• Due to the charging/data cable type provided with the Approach R10, the Micro USB cable often being used when we receive reports of the device not connecting is often due to a 3rd party Micro-USB cable from another product (since the cable type is so common) and the often times the 3rd party cable only supports charging, and not data transfer...which is needed in order for the computer to read the R10 to update through Garmin Express.