R10 distances seem off.

I have been using the R10 for a couple days now and my distances seems way off. Seems very club is approx 20yards short from the range? Is there anything that needs to be done with calibration?

• I elevated mine 2 inches and it didn't matter. The distances and direction are off and the launch angle is way low. Driving range is off but Home Tee Hero are terrible can't really play it. Example I normally hit my 7 wood fairly high 165-180 on Home Tee Hero the carry distance is about 130 with 6.5 degree launch which shows to be maybe 7-8 feet high.

• Another observation is that it doesn’t read the lofted shots well. I elevated my unit afew inches and the mid lofted clubs 7i etc  started to carry longer (still short) . 9i- wedges were still very short. I think any shots that hit the screen 2 ft below where the screen extends to on top (it’s around 9ft tall) reads better that what hits the screen right at the top edge high or catches the top net. I tried some high flops and it didn’t show the proper launch. 

• Have just set up an other session, tried the unit at 3 different heights but didn't notice any difference in the measurements. Net is 8 ft from ball & unit 7 ft behind
       The dispersion looks pretty accurate in that I do tend to push my 5 iron and turn over my 8 and the bad strikes are approx 20 yards short of average, it's just that everything is 15 to 20 yards short of where it would be in the real world ?

• The thing that's bothering me is that if you watch & read all the available reviews, (My golf Spy, Cutman Golf, Lets play thru, Alex Etches, The Hybrid Me guy etc.), they all show pretty good distance reads both on range and into nets... There are concerns over spin rates & axis, but not distance.

...so what is different between those guys and us ? It can't be software as they're likely to be on latest version and from reports here, there's no great difference since 3.10 through to 3.30 ?
    I don't accept that it's environmental as I've taken this out on the course and directly measured shots which have all been significantly short against actual, full shot measurements.
    But those reviewers don't see what we do ? If anything they show it reading slightly long.

Could it be the way we're hitting it ? Seems unlikely but maybe we all have a certain tendency which throws off the reading?

I keep coming back to it being something unique to our physical units ? I'd love to compare side by side to one of those used in one of those reviews.

• Another user recommended make sure the unit is dead level. I did and mine was off very slightly got it spot on and the direction problem i had went away ant it seem to help launch and distance some but still short and lower than actual.

• Those reviewers got the earliest samples meaning they were on the oldest revision firmware not NEWER.    I'm still looking for some "real" average joe reviews on YouTube but so far its mostly the big streamers that I am skeptical dont get kickbacks for praising a product.   I've had several good golfers hit on this and it reports garbage distances on all the irons longer than 9I.   Driving is terrible.   I think the best recorded drive from any of us was 236 TOTAL, not carry.   And all 3 of us can hit 250+ regularly.   It's not us or you trust me.   

EDIT: This is all indoors.  Have yet to use @ range and dont care to.

• For what it is worth, I have been having good luck with my driver, 3 wood and long irons when comparing to my real-world recorded shots on my Garmin watch with Golf app. I'm on version 3.3 and the Garmin app driving range and the E6 driving range have both recorded my average at 260yd (only about 20 shots each) and my real-world average is recorded at 269. This is all indoor. 

• shots are way off.  only captured 40% of shots at the range and 30% of what was captured was way off, not even close to what I hit... and I did the firmware update yesterday before I went to the range today. who Beta tested this, Stevie Wonder?  Or are we beta testing this for Garmin now?

• saw those videos too, but my unit sucks...shots are way off.  only captured 40% of shots at the range and 30% of what was captured was way off, not even close to what I hit... and I did the firmware update yesterday before I went to the range today... did we get youtubed?

• Alex can you post a pic of your setup.