Ticket Created
over 3 years ago

WERETECH-10061

Wrong Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation on fenix 6 pro

I seems that Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation returns a position object with lat/lon coordinates of 0 (zero), instead of returning null.

In watch faces, Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation is used to get current or recent GPS position retrieved by GPS fix from last activity.

When GPS fix expired after some time, Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation should return null.

But on my fenix 6 pro it seems to return a position object with lat/lon coordinates of 0.

Code used in watch face:

var location;
var locationArray;

location = Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation;
if (location != null) {
   locationArray = location.toDegrees();
}
-
On my fenix 6 pro location var is not null and locationArray is [0.000000, 0.000000]
On my forerunner 645 location var is null, which is correct.
Simulator is also correct with fenix 6 (pro).
Parents
  • Never ending bugs observation #384848 from user #374: the watch is not ashamed to return even Position.QUALITY_POOR accuracy when the location is unknown together with position [0,0] while the user is really not on the equator. 

So all developers must test all erroneous values mentioned below regardless of any accuracy value. 

PS: I'm slowly starting to think on starting a Kickstarter project to fund Garmin a QA and at least one senior developer who understand what quality of code and automated testing means. Anybody with me?:)

Comment
  • Never ending bugs observation #384848 from user #374: the watch is not ashamed to return even Position.QUALITY_POOR accuracy when the location is unknown together with position [0,0] while the user is really not on the equator. 

So all developers must test all erroneous values mentioned below regardless of any accuracy value. 

PS: I'm slowly starting to think on starting a Kickstarter project to fund Garmin a QA and at least one senior developer who understand what quality of code and automated testing means. Anybody with me?:)

Children
No Data