Ticket Created
over 3 years ago

WERETECH-10061

Wrong Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation on fenix 6 pro

I seems that Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation returns a position object with lat/lon coordinates of 0 (zero), instead of returning null.

In watch faces, Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation is used to get current or recent GPS position retrieved by GPS fix from last activity.

When GPS fix expired after some time, Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation should return null.

But on my fenix 6 pro it seems to return a position object with lat/lon coordinates of 0.

Code used in watch face:

var location;
var locationArray;

location = Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation;
if (location != null) {
   locationArray = location.toDegrees();
}
-
On my fenix 6 pro location var is not null and locationArray is [0.000000, 0.000000]
On my forerunner 645 location var is null, which is correct.
Simulator is also correct with fenix 6 (pro).
Parents
  • Yep. I wanted to point out the bugs that others might expect.

To summarize known bugs: unknown position might be represented as any of: null, [0,0], [180,180] and who knows what else, so testing the range as you suggest might be a good idea. According to the report above, it can happen even with QUALITY_LAST_KNOWN. 

It would be also great, if Garmin developers could fix it and document how the accuracy is set when the Toybox.Position is set from the phone rather than activity (if it really works like that as it seems). 

End of report:) 

Comment
  • Yep. I wanted to point out the bugs that others might expect.

To summarize known bugs: unknown position might be represented as any of: null, [0,0], [180,180] and who knows what else, so testing the range as you suggest might be a good idea. According to the report above, it can happen even with QUALITY_LAST_KNOWN. 

It would be also great, if Garmin developers could fix it and document how the accuracy is set when the Toybox.Position is set from the phone rather than activity (if it really works like that as it seems). 

End of report:) 

Children
No Data