Ticket Created
over 2 years ago

CIQQA-572

vivoactive 4 clears screen before onUpdate

I've thought that only amoled watches clears screen  before onUpdate but from some time vivoactive 4 users have noticed about "flashing screen".

I have got mips watch (f6) and it still work the same way, simulator also not clear the screen.

So, is it a bug, normal thing on vivoactive 4 or soon all mips devices will run the same like vivoactive 4?

Parents
  • what you are seeing is a normal thing and is currently expected. We have a few different frameworks that are used to do wire management. One clears the screen first and one does not.

You should just do what is the most compatible.. make no assumptions and clear the screen yourself when onUpdate is called.

Comment
  • what you are seeing is a normal thing and is currently expected. We have a few different frameworks that are used to do wire management. One clears the screen first and one does not.

You should just do what is the most compatible.. make no assumptions and clear the screen yourself when onUpdate is called.

Children
  • no bug? ok. jungle/if/patch/fix and no problem...
    The problem is only that I have to be noticed about problem by user or have to buy all devices or a have simulator very closed to devices.

But... I have to make 1000000 assumptions that every sdk function run well on all devices. And you tell me that exactly in this case not? You can ask this way on any problem with compatibility between devices and I'm sure that everyone feels that sdk should run the same way (apart from the obvious differences like e.g. no sensor). I can accept differences run on amoled/mips but it's difficult to understand differences with similar devices.

So, I still think it's a bug either my fenix or vivoactive 4 and prefer that with has less influence on battery consumption.