Ticket Created
over 3 years ago

CIQQA-572

vivoactive 4 clears screen before onUpdate

I've thought that only amoled watches clears screen  before onUpdate but from some time vivoactive 4 users have noticed about "flashing screen".

I have got mips watch (f6) and it still work the same way, simulator also not clear the screen.

So, is it a bug, normal thing on vivoactive 4 or soon all mips devices will run the same like vivoactive 4?

Parents
  • The problem is not in update entire or part screen.

The problem is different working watch v4 and f6 (vivoactive 3 run like f6).

Is it intended action on v4 to clear screen before onUpdate or not. There are two general groups of watches mips and amoled and both can run in different way (and run) but in the same group should be the same rules. Of course I've fixed it for v4 but because it has influence on battery consumption I don't want to do it for all devices but if Garmin plan to change it to all devices I have to decide wait and see errors in ERA or fix it now.

Comment
  • The problem is not in update entire or part screen.

The problem is different working watch v4 and f6 (vivoactive 3 run like f6).

Is it intended action on v4 to clear screen before onUpdate or not. There are two general groups of watches mips and amoled and both can run in different way (and run) but in the same group should be the same rules. Of course I've fixed it for v4 but because it has influence on battery consumption I don't want to do it for all devices but if Garmin plan to change it to all devices I have to decide wait and see errors in ERA or fix it now.

Children