Under Review
over 1 year ago

Third party watch faces that are downloaded from Connect IQ do not display HR graph correctly.

Third party watch faces that are downloaded from Connect IQ do not display HR graph correctly.

11.14 and 11.15 BETA - Venu 2
Phone: Google Pixel 6 Pro - Android 13

Current result: when using a third party watch face, and configuring it to display a HR graph, the graph does not update in real time and remains the same for 12 hours. It appears to update once after 12 hours has passed but then remains the same for another 12 hours. It also does not match the HR graph widget.

Expected result: when using a third party watch face, and configuring it to display a HR graph, the graph will update in real time at regular intervals and should match the HR graph widget.

Note that all other data, including the current HR value are updated correctly in real time.

Tested on the following watch faces:

Instinct Mission
Descent MK2 digital MB
Fenix 7 by ershovlad
SHN TACv2

Also note that the HR graph DOES update in real time on one of the Garmin default watch faces supplied with the Venu 2. It is the watch face that has digital numbers, a compass and a heart rate graph on the bottom.
  • Hello, I am a developer of one of the tested watchfaces.
    While I unfortunately can't test it out on device myself, I can say that for me, all watches use the same code base for creating charts and it seems to only be the Venu 2 that has this problems.
    I can only agree with - at least 2 users have contacted me with this problem.

• hi, he has already contacted me (TACv2) and everything is ok on my side, it look likes his graph is like OlderFirst, even if I put NewerFirst, I contacted other users of it and everything is find also on their side. It seems only on Venu2

• The data for the HR graph (SensorHistory.getHeartRateHistory()) only updates every couple minutes.  It's not real-time.  Based on the size of the graph, changes might not be easy to see.  Try taking the watch off for a few minutes, and you may see a gap in the graph.  I'm running one of mine on a 255 right now and the graph is correct,  As Gavriel said, use "Contact Developer" for the watch face in the store and ask the developer.

• Sounds like a bug in the watch face. Have you contacted the developer?