Complete
over 1 year ago

The GCM team was unable to reproduce this issue. 

If there is any more information that can be provided to assist the team, I will re-open the Report.

Regression: Garmin Connect version 4.49+ for Android is unable to save app settings on phones with Android 8

After updating from Garmin Connect version 4.48 (Android) to 4.49 or any higher version, I am not able to change app settings for any CIQ application that I have installed on my Edge 1000. After opening the Settings page for a CIQ application, modifying a setting value and tapping on "DONE" button, nothing happens. I tried to remove all CIQ applications from Edge and install a random one, but it still doesn't work.

How to reproduce:
1. Install Garmin Connect for Android version 4.49 or greater on a phone with Android 8.0 Oreo
2. Pair a Garmin device
3. Install a random CIQ application (e.g. I tried with "Gears 2")
4. Try to change a setting and tap on "DONE" button
5. After tapping on "DONE" button nothing happens (it should save the settings and close the page)

The only workaround that I was able to find, is to downgrade to version Garmin Connect 4.48.

Parents
  • Kalisto thanks for providing the links. I did some more testing by using a newer phone that has Android version 10 (mine has Android 8) and there the settings are working as expected. It seems like only phones with Android 8 are affected. , I updated the title and the steps how to reproduce the issue. The issue is not related to older Garmin devices, but rather to older phones with Android 8.

Comment
  • Kalisto thanks for providing the links. I did some more testing by using a newer phone that has Android version 10 (mine has Android 8) and there the settings are working as expected. It seems like only phones with Android 8 are affected. , I updated the title and the steps how to reproduce the issue. The issue is not related to older Garmin devices, but rather to older phones with Android 8.

Children
No Data