Complete
over 4 years ago

popView bug on beta FW for F5Plus (8.03) and FR935 (13.51)

I have discovered a couple bugs in the latest beta FW for the F5Plus and FR935.  I was trying to add an about page to my app and decided to add an option to the menu to push a simple about page to display the current app version and other registration type info.  Basically I add a menu option which pushes a new view, then on view exit, I pop the menu to go back to the main app view.  Simple enough.  Everything worked as expected in the simulator, but I noticed a couple of different behaviors on the F5Plus running FW 8.03 and the FR935 running FW 13.51.  I know both are beta.  I have also tested with the FR230, Edge 830, and Edge 1000, which all worked the same as the simulator.  I have attached a simple code which uses two views, the first just shows "Page 1", and the second displays "About Page".  When the app is run, either selecting the menu button, or the select button will launch a menu with one option to show the about page.  When selecting the back button, things operate different than the simulator.  On the about page, I have a popView() in the onHide() function.  The intent is to drop back to exit the menu and drop back to page 1.  

In the FR935, It appears that the watch is placing a instance of a default watch face between the menu and the About page.  When you push the back button, you see the screen briefly then it leaves you at the menu.  In the simulator it goes straight to Page 1.  If I remove the popView command from the about page view, then the watch face is displayed until you push back again.  At this time you will be displayed the menu and have to push the back button one more time to get to the Page 1 view.

On the F5Plus, when I use the menu to load the about view the app will crash with a system error when pushing the back button.  If I remove the popview() command, the app will return to the menu when pushing the back button, and a second push of the back button will return to Page 1.

Here is the CIQ_LOG text from the crash

---
Error: System Error
Time: 2019-08-14T02:36:52Z
Part-Number: 006-B3110-00
Firmware-Version: '8.03'
Language-Code: eng
ConnectIQ-Version: 3.0.12
Filename: poptest
Appname: poptest
Stack:

Let me know if you have any questions.