Acknowledged

OLED: font resources seem to be forgotten while sleeping which leads to a crash onExitSleep

It seems that OLED watches now release fonts when sleeping and onExitSleep is called before initialize, so the app crashes when it uses fonts in the onExitSleep to update the layout. 

I get null exception while a resource is expected on this line that is called from onExitSleep.

"UnexpectedTypeException: Expected Number/Resource, given null…"

I got thousands of failure reports on this line from a variety of OLED devices. 

I do not release fonts anywhere in the code and the same line is called via initialize without problems. 

I hotfixed it by catching the exception and calling the initialize instead, but that is a huge wasting of resources and probably a battery. 

I am not aware of any documentation that the Monkey might release any resources on its own and even if it does, I'd expect it would call initialize before onExitSleep. 

Some of devices where the error occurred: 

• Venu® 3: 8.25
  • vívoactive® 5: 8.27, 4.14
  • Forerunner® 265s: 17.26

EDIT: added an exception text

EDIT2: added devices 

Parents
  • I added the devices to the initial report  – great you are on it.

There were many more devices in the ERA log, but I already deployed a hotfix so the log got cleared and now I only have a report from a watch face with quite a small user-base. From what I can recall, there were also devices like FR965 or Epixes. A huge list of devices and thousands of reports. 

The user who reported it to me (including a screenshot from his FR265) claimed, it was happening occasionally, not always, but after we started to investigate, it happened within hours. He did not have AOD on. I don't know about others, because I can't contact them. 

Comment
  • I added the devices to the initial report  – great you are on it.

There were many more devices in the ERA log, but I already deployed a hotfix so the log got cleared and now I only have a report from a watch face with quite a small user-base. From what I can recall, there were also devices like FR965 or Epixes. A huge list of devices and thousands of reports. 

The user who reported it to me (including a screenshot from his FR265) claimed, it was happening occasionally, not always, but after we started to investigate, it happened within hours. He did not have AOD on. I don't know about others, because I can't contact them. 

Children
No Data