Under Review
over 1 year ago

Feature-request: split the strings.xml for in-device and settings related strings

In most of the apps I've seen most of the strings are used for settings, still those strings are included in the memory footprint of the app. It would be very useful to split strings.xml to device-strings.xml and settings-strings.xml.

Parents
  • I can't edit the original post, but actually there's a 3rd type of string: only used in fit translations. So ideally we should be able to differentiate at least between these classes of strings:

foreground (device)
    background (device)
    settings
    fitcontributor

and I guess it would be useful if the device strings could also be used in settings / fit OR there would be a way to enumarate multiple values of this enum on each string.

Comment
  • I can't edit the original post, but actually there's a 3rd type of string: only used in fit translations. So ideally we should be able to differentiate at least between these classes of strings:

foreground (device)
    background (device)
    settings
    fitcontributor

and I guess it would be useful if the device strings could also be used in settings / fit OR there would be a way to enumarate multiple values of this enum on each string.

Children
No Data