Under Review
over 1 year ago

Feature-request: split the strings.xml for in-device and settings related strings

In most of the apps I've seen most of the strings are used for settings, still those strings are included in the memory footprint of the app. It would be very useful to split strings.xml to device-strings.xml and settings-strings.xml.

Parents
  • Maybe it could be easier fixed and in a way that is easier to be backwards compatible: add new scopes: settings, fit and maybe device? And of course the default would be: app.
    Scope: settings, fit are pretty self explanatory. I'm not sure about the 3rd one (device), but what I meant is what @FlowState wrote about the AppName, that is almost never used inside the app, probably only in the device when it's a widget's name. So it should be in the prg but should not allocate a memory slot in the Global.Rez.strings table.

Comment
  • Maybe it could be easier fixed and in a way that is easier to be backwards compatible: add new scopes: settings, fit and maybe device? And of course the default would be: app.
    Scope: settings, fit are pretty self explanatory. I'm not sure about the 3rd one (device), but what I meant is what @FlowState wrote about the AppName, that is almost never used inside the app, probably only in the device when it's a widget's name. So it should be in the prg but should not allocate a memory slot in the Global.Rez.strings table.

Children
No Data