Under Review
over 1 year ago

Correct resting heart rate on watchfaces

I contacted 2 developers already about using resting heart rate in their watchface. They say it shows the resting heart rate from Garmin Connect, but it is not. It shows the resting heart rate that i set in the watch under user profile - heart rate zones.

My resting heart rate today: 41

Resting heart rate that i set: 104

Now there is no point to use this value.

See attachments:

Parents
  • Yeah, like I said, if developers want to display 7 day average resting heart rate at all times, regardless of whether the user sets "Use Average" or a fixed resting HR in their profile, they have to use the newer UserProfile.averageRestingHeartRate value in the API instead of the older UserProfile.restingHeartRate.

This is definitely something that developers can change in their apps. The only slightly tricky part is if they support older watches, they have to have conditional code to use the older way if the newer way is not available.

Personally I don't like to set "use average" because I use heart rate zones based on HRR% and I don't want my zones to be changing all the time.

Comment
  • Yeah, like I said, if developers want to display 7 day average resting heart rate at all times, regardless of whether the user sets "Use Average" or a fixed resting HR in their profile, they have to use the newer UserProfile.averageRestingHeartRate value in the API instead of the older UserProfile.restingHeartRate.

This is definitely something that developers can change in their apps. The only slightly tricky part is if they support older watches, they have to have conditional code to use the older way if the newer way is not available.

Personally I don't like to set "use average" because I use heart rate zones based on HRR% and I don't want my zones to be changing all the time.

Children
No Data