Complete
over 2 years ago

CA-85483

Cannot Reproduce

Connect IOS mobile cannot exit store page (INTERMITTENT)

Steps to reproduce:

1. From "today" page in Garmin Connect IOS mobile app, click on device icon at top of screen

2. Click on "Activities & App Management"

3. Click on "Data Fields"

4. Click on any data field in the list

5. Click on "View in store" >> Web page opens

6. Click through the tabs at base of page ("App Info", "Compatible devices" etc.) or otherwise explore the page

7. Click "Close"

Expected result:

Web page should close.

Actual result:

The "Close" button will occasionally (quite often, in my experience) become unresponsive at which point the only way to escape the web page is to force close the application.

NOTES:

THIS IS AN INTERMITTENT BUG! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN EVERY TIME, BUT IT DOES HAPPEN FREQUENTLY.

I am not sure (and haven't worked out a way to test) whether this has anything to do with synching with the device. For example, it could be that a refresh occurs in the background whilst the page is opened, the way that DataField list sometimes reloads in the middle of adjusting settings and kicks you out.

ETA:

I have just replicated the bug again, with the second field I visited the page for. 

EG: View field 1 in store, close ok. View field 2 in store, close fails.

Not sure if this is necessary or sufficient, but it is an observation.

Parents
  • I have ConnectIQ app and it uses that from the ConnectIQ button. 

But... never from device settings. 

However, I ought to add that there are several bugs with ConnectIQ app and page links I might also list. 

For example, clicking on “more” in CIQ reloads / jumps page. Very unpleasant. 

Comment
  • I have ConnectIQ app and it uses that from the ConnectIQ button. 

But... never from device settings. 

However, I ought to add that there are several bugs with ConnectIQ app and page links I might also list. 

For example, clicking on “more” in CIQ reloads / jumps page. Very unpleasant. 

Children