Watchface: Yet Another Watchface

Yet another watchface with weather forecast, additional timezone and currency exchange rate.

All comments and suggestions are welcome here.

Download
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a15f1f15-b078-4386-92d4-d1d0a57685bb

Description
This simple configurable digital face has:

- Time, (24hr mode only)

- Current City Name, based on GPS. You have to get GPS coordinates to update the city if location has been changed

- Current Date and Week Day

- Battery Level

- Actual Weather in current location, Temperature (C|F), Perception probability and Wind(kn|m/s)

- Current Time in one addition timezone (DST will be calculated automatically)

- Actual Currency Exchange Rate, between two out of 47 currencies. Updates once in 60 min if internet connection is available

- Pulse

- Distance (km, miles, steps)

There is not much options to configure yet, work in progress...

Configure all the watch face options via the Garmin Connect mobile app:

Open Garmin Connect Mobile. Touch More, Garmin Devices, (your device), Connect IQ Apps, Watch Faces, (select YA-WatchFace), Settings.

• This is a nice watchface. I have it installed in a Fenix 5X with 15.20 firmware. The watchface has crashed twice on me so far. The first time, when I changed field 4 to show Steps/Floors. The second time it crashed, it was just in watchface mode. And now as I'm typing this message, I see the watchface has crashed a 3rd time. All this in the past 2 hours which I have the watchface installed. 

• Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago

Unfortunately it's become pretty unreliable as it crashes very frequently

• That's weird. Just checked, only two crashes were on F5X for the last week and all crashes caused by storage access issues. An only possible explanation is too many installed applications and not enough space to store settings.

I have updated the app, rebuild it on the last SDK and clean up in a couple of places but not sure that this helps. 

• On the F5X it keeps changing to the default Garmin watch face.

• Could those crashes happen when the goal is reached? Like an activity goal or daily steps goal?

Still struggling to get what it could be, no crashes on F5X for the last day in log. 

• I tried different settings like but it looks random. It's not when a goal is reached. I let you know when I found out more.

• Former Member

Some info from me to help the diagnosis;

I have tracking off, so it's not goals reached.

I have only 3 watchfaces installed and 1.6 mb software storage free so it's not storage either. 4gb on the watch too but that's irrelevant.

It could be the data pull from either weather or currency, and I suspect weather as currency I believe only pulls once a day and I've had multiple crashes throughout one day.

As reported by others and myself, I don't think your crash log is accurate.

• Former Member

Just crashed on my F5X again now on version 0.9.1 198 

• Thanks for helping me...
    I don't think the issue in pulling data, as that code is small and well guarded. Weather and exchange rates requested every hour at the same time, one after another. Sometimes even more frequent, in fact, it could be once in 5 min - you just need to switch from the watch-face to any other widget and then switch back, to initiate pull data requests.
    So, if it was a web request issue, you'd notest that WF crashes every time when you trying to switch back to WF or receiving a notification from the phone.
    Another thing is that crashes happened mostly on 5X, so I suspect that 5X does not support some features that WF is using or some times the system returns unexpected results.
    The crash log is provided by garmin and it turns out it useless.  

• Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to IB614

Been running 0.9.200 on the F5X for 24hrs now without a crash