Watchface: Data Lover

A watch face featuring:
  • a readable time font
  • sun events
  • active statistics (heart rate / steps / stairs)
  • YAHOO! weather & forecasts.
Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b...4-169e581df99c

• it depends on the watch and features you select, but on a lot of watches it performs better than native watch faces.

• Brilliant work with this face, its definitely my go to ;)

Is there any way to display tide information for current location? I feel that would be a great addition

Again thanks!

• Hi, thanks for the great work on this watch face!! I have just upgraded to a Fenix 6 and have noticed that the City field is reporting null. I've just upgraded to the donation version. I have my own openweathermap api key and my Lat/Long set correctly. Fenix is connected to phone and syncing correctly in the Garmin connect app.

Neil

• It's a bug in the Garmin weather provider. In the app settings choose openweathermap as your preferred weather provider to "fix"

• Anyone else having issues with the temperature data retrieving properly? Even after checking all the suggestions and checking the last updated temp, still can’t get it to sync properly. It was working fine up until the last week or so…

• See faq q1 & q17

If that does not help it might be settings corruption

To fix :

- switch to other watch face

- Uninstall data lover 

- Reinstall data lover 

• Hello Peter. I have a suggestion for you. For the next weather info that appears in the bottom right, why not make any of the display option turn to red font when the last update failed and not justWinkor the “Last update time” option. That would be a great feature for paying users like me Wink . Thank your for your consideration. 
    Dom

• I'll consider it, but extra settings cost extra memory. Many things in connect iq is a balance between extra configuration and maximizing memory to allow room for new future features & optimize battery usage.

btw thank you for your support, but Data Lover is fully featured also for people who do not support the project. A donation does speed up the weather requests but there are no "pay"-only features.  

• I have vivoactive 4 and  just noticed and did for much better weather report. I added the exact Latitude and longitude of my location and bingo. Much better accuracy so far. If I travelled elsewhere would for sure have to change it for that location.

• Weather widget and weather on watch face wildly different...widget is correct, watch face is not.  I have gone thru all of the steps to make sure I have the correct settings and updated.  It is -12F and watch face shows -2F.