Data Field: AppBuilder

By user request, this app lets you define your own data field, based on a simple math formula like cadence / 2.

If you want to get fancy, there's conditional expressions (like IF in Excel), functions for data analysis (like MIN and AVG), and the data field can also display the text of your choice. The resulting data can be (optionally) written to the activity FIT file.

With AppBuilder, you can implement almost any field that involves math, such as: calculating normalized power and saving the data to the FIT activity file, showing the average pace for even-numbered laps, or recording the amount of time you sprinted.

Full documentation and examples here:
http://ciq-appbuilder.blogspot.com/

AppBuilder 5:
Now with new features! AppBuilder 5 is a completely new app, so please check it out in the store if you are interested in any of the new features.
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/fd690281-9c22-4fee-a81e-3b7f39aa67c5

- Store up to four formulas per app. Switch between formulas directly on the watch, without using a phone or PC. With four clone apps, you can store up to 16 formulas total
- User variables. Allows for powerful formulas where information can be stored at one point, like the start of a lap, and used later. e.g. Lap elevation change
- Improved timeavg() options. Allows for simpler, more flexible normalized power function
- More functions and variables

4 clones of AppBuilder are available in the store, so you can have 2 formulas in the same activity
  • Many thanks for that quick response. In fact I use a speedsensor - so, when I stop I really get 0.0 speed. I think I can set threshold speed to 0.1.

I will try out both variants and will report back!

(I have problems finding my way with the new format of this forum. Hopefully I will be able to answer in the right place...)

• THANKS!!

Works perfectly with the simple formula!

Edit: Wow - that great app and no contact for spending one or more beers?

• Good morning, I'm using AppBuilder 5 with my new Edge 530, it works greatly, thank you! This is an essential app for my training, I could not do without!

Is there a plan to update AppBulider 5+ to use with Edge 530 too? Thank you very mutch for your great work!

• It does not work on my 935. I'm getting information Connect IQ Fields added 2/2, but I didn't add any. When I try to add I see "Replace or remove Connect IQ field on any data screen to add another". I'm defining a new screen with two fields, so seems to be a sort of bug. Hope for a quick response from the Developer.

• This sounds like a Garmin bug I encountered a few times, where the watch loses track of how many Connect IQ data fields are really installed for a given activity.

Try:

• Turning the watch off and on: hold Light for 20 seconds until it turns off, then press Light again to turn it on
    • If you don't mind losing activity settings, reset them:
      • Select Run (or whatever activity is affected)
      • Hold UP for settings
      • Select Run Settings
      • Select Restore Defaults

If none of that works, try contacting [email protected].

• Indeed Garmin bug. Restore Defaults worked. Many thanks.

• Hopefully I've got something simple wrong. Loaded AppBuilder 5 onto my Garmin 820, but it won't let me configure the field. When I select AppBuilder to display the data field label is always AppBuilder and the function is always Cadence / 2. I have changed all 4 profile formulas and labels but the display on the 820 does not update.

• it's possible calculate average value of values previous calculated.

I try to explain my question.

SETV(1,((Altitude_raw - PREVT(Altitude_raw, 15))/0.0042)) ; SETV(2,(AVG(PREVN(GETV(1),3))

in this example i can calculate average value of last 3 values calculated of GETV(1) ??

or i must use always TIMEAVG(GETV(1),3))

• TIMEAVG(X,3)) is the 3-second average of X, which is what you are looking for.

AVG(PREVN(X, 3) calculates the activity average of from 3 seconds ago, which is not what you want. It would be very similar than AVG(X), except that the last 3 seconds won't be considered.

So in your example, you need:

SETV(1,((Altitude_raw - PREVT(Altitude_raw, 15))/0.0042)) ; SETV(2, TIMEAVG(GETV(1),3))

• How are you configuring the field?

• Garmin Connect Mobile (iOS/Android), Connect IQ (PC/Mac) or Garmin Express (PC/Mac)

Can you successfully configure other CIQ data fields / apps?